Why are today's kids so spoiled?

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I just don't like pointing at movies or games to explain kids' behavior. Children have liked playing rough and rebelling since the dawn of time.
Well okay okay.

Uhhh...

I blame it on TV and YouTube.

I mean, I bet 98% of corrupt kids got their evil roots from the two. Where else can you find violence, swearing, and sex?
And the parents won't stop them. They're either clueless or they don't care.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Well okay okay.

Uhhh...

I mean, I bet 98% of corrupt kids got their evil roots from the two. Where else can you find violence, swearing, and sex? (besides the obvious "walking near a high school and picking up a word or two")

Hubert

Reaction score
Well while I think swearing is largely unnecessary and uncreative, I don't find it immoral. Immoral is seeing someone being bullied and not doing anything. Things like that.

I don't think children are ruined by watching R rated films. They're ruined if their parents don't make it clear what they should and should not imitate in real life.
That statement works psychologically, but try playing it out. Kids see the R-rated movies, their parents make it clear. Then, the second the parents aren't looking, the things the parents said not to imitate the movie had glorified...so they do it anyway. Another problem: half the time parents don't know their kids ever even watched an R-rated movie.

I just don't like pointing at movies or games to explain kids' behavior. Children have liked playing rough and rebelling since the dawn of time.
Yeah, but this is a bit different sort of playing rough and rebellion. Watch a kid's life that only watches what their parents allow, doesn't watch R-rated movies, doesn't play bad video games, and doesn't look up bad stuff online. Then watch a kid's life who does the opposite of those things. There's a huge difference in language, conversation topics, free time activities, etc.

Well okay okay.

Uhhh...

I mean, I bet 98% of corrupt kids got their evil roots from the two. Where else can you find violence, swearing, and sex?
Exactly. Things like TV, Internet, and movies can have a lot of good impact, but meepmuppaphones has pretty much summed it up. The parents are either clueless or don't care about monitoring these things that are good on the surface.

What did it look to before electronic media?
And that's just the thing: As media progresses, the situation seems to get worse and worse. Honestly, a person has no idea what's going on until they see it with their own two eyes.

EDIT: And D'Snowth ziffled me on the last part.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That statement works psychologically, but try playing it out. Kids see the R-rated movies, their parents make it clear. Then, the second the parents aren't looking, the things the parents said not to imitate the movie had glorified...so they do it anyway. Another problem: half the time parents don't know their kids ever even watched an R-rated movie.
I saw R-rated movies when I was a child. I was never censored as to what I could see on TV. And to this day my friends think I'm far too wholesome a person, lol. They apologize if they curse around me, lol. I knew it was just a movie, just entertainment, and I knew my parents wouldn't tolerate my imitating the wrong things.