Who was Wall-Eyed Pike's Performer?

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
I'm confused, because on Wikipedia, it says Kevin Clash is his performer, but Muppet Wiki states otherwise and credits Steve Whitmire as being his perfomer. So, i'm confused, did Steve Whitmire officially take over as the character, following Kevin Clash's retirement from the company?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to be rude about it... But you do know that Kevin Clash's departure didn't happen until 2012, a nd MTI was released in 1996 right? So there's no truth to "Steve taking over Kevin's characters" in that kind of regard.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I always thought he was performed by Jerry Nelson. He sounds a bit like Scred.

While on the subject of Wall-Eyed Pike, is his name a pun of some sort? Almost all of the named pirates had names that are some sort of pun, irony, or have something to do with who or what they were.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm confused, because on Wikipedia, it says Kevin Clash is his performer, but Muppet Wiki states otherwise and credits Steve Whitmire as being his perfomer. So, i'm confused, did Steve Whitmire officially take over as the character, following Kevin Clash's retirement from the company?

Don't really listen to Wikipedia for Muppet knowledge; Muppet Wiki is your safest bet.