1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who knows about your fandom?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Hubert, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Just my husband. No one else around me gets it. If I told them they'd look at me like I'm an alien or something.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, that happened to me a lot last year. "Muppetboy!" "Muppets are for three year olds" "You're so immature!" :rolleyes: I feel you, Mitchell.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I actually love the hate, in a way. It makes me feel unique, that I'm going against the normal grain of the world. To be honest, if being a Muppet fan was accepted, I would avoid being one.

*sincerely hopes that was not meant on a literal sense*
  4. Pinkflower7783

Someone on YouTube... I actually posted this in another thread awhile back. But someone messaged me that I was a Kermit and Piggy wannabe and that I must not have much of a life outside of it because of that. And then I got one saying "the comments that I make on Muppet videos makes it seem like I'm better then anyone and acting like I know everything about the Muppets." I apologized that I didn't mean to come off that way but when I feel people need to be corrected on facts I won't just keep my mouth shut.

This is why I hate the internet sometimes because so many things can be taken the wrong way.
  5. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Like Gonzo, I actually say thank you to the haters. Just to be different. :)

Oh, and no. I don't physically feel him. That would be creepy. :p
    Hubert likes this.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Typical YouTube comment, a lot of bizarrely hostile people on there, lol.

Sheesh was this person in middle school? Lol (No offense to middle school)
  7. Pinkflower7783

I actually took that as a compliment when they told me that. I ended up saying "Thank you I am really proud you recgonized that about me I take pride in being a K&P fan" I haven't heard anything back since then. Lol

Who knows...I personally don't think I'm a Muppet know it all but I know enough. :o
  8. heralde

Lol, good answer. I have also found that politeness tends to throw those kinds of people, lol.
  9. Pinkflower7783

I know I think they were expecting a big rant back like me cussing them out and what not. So I think it backfired when I took it as a compliment. Like they wanna rile you up so they can start something.
  10. heralde

It's like what I've learned about gossip. Some people will try to start a gossip session with me and if I don't play along the conservation suddenly dies. They're just desperate for some gossip at that moment and you're not being any fun, lol.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Kermit actually gave that advice in the reprinted book of "Before You Leap." He said when people ask you if it's true just to start gossip just tell them "their right" because then they'll get bored and move onto something else. I always knew Kermit was smart. :) You know how the saying goes "Kill'em with Kindness."
  12. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I hide my fandom from everyone, even family. So MC is my only outlet.
    But I once tried asking a exchange student about Muppets, and turned out she's also a fan :)
    At least one person in real life knows. :)
  13. Pinkflower7783

That's like when I bought my Kermit book on Friday I went to check out and the girl was like "Oh my I love that book!!" I love when someone surprises me with being a Muppet fan. :D
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  14. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Active Member

My family, and some close friends. I usually don't tell people things of which I'm a fan unless it comes up.
  15. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I have that a lot at the libraries. I always walk out with a whole bunch of Henson related stuff. Last time, the person asked me if I seen the Dark Crystal, she said that was her favorite movie. :)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  16. robodog

robodog Active Member

The public may mock the Muppets and dismiss them as childish. This is the same public that made garbage like "The Jersey Shore" a hit. Thus the public does not have a single leg to stand on. The worst of The Muppets is better than the best of anything related to reality television.
    heralde and Hubert like this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I'd rather be Muppet fan then a Twilight fan. XP
    robodog, heralde and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  18. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    *still trying to get past the hideous idea of boy-band shippy fic...bad slash, no doubt...*

Everyone in my life knows I like Muppets. When adults look at me funny I explain that the original humor of TMS was akin to classic burlesque comedy, just slightly toned down -- not "kid fare". That usually surprises them enough to not say another word. All my hippie "aunts & uncles" are huge Muppet fans and I constantly send them Muppet video clips.
    ------------
    heralde likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

See I don't even bother explaning it to people because when I get weird looks like I shouldn't be into Muppets because they think their only for preschoolers that just tells me it's not worth explaning cause they won't get it.
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I am sure my mom does, but I am now the only one who enjoys Muppets more than she does. Very sad and true... at the same time.