Who is going to win "American Idol"?

radionate

Reaction score
Well he was singing a different tune Wednesday

American Idol Winner (quote about Simon leaving)

Here's the quote if you don't want to read the whole thing:

"Plans for a third "American Idol" are already underway. But Cowell, whose insults played a huge part in the show's success, may not be on the judging panel next time.

"This may be the last time you see me on air in America. I want to go back to England. I want to produce," Cowell told reporters on Wednesday. "

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He said that at the beginning too, but changed his tune toward the middle. I think it's just a money issue. Without him, it's just a teen Star Search.

Luke

Reaction score
19 Management ALWAYS sign the top two to year long deals, and at least the 3 before that to six month deals even if they don't end up releasing records. It's basically to protect them from being picked up by other record companies. They usually go out and do a live tour with them while they are still on contract. They usually place them with different record companies - BMG takes the winner.

Simon is due back in the UK to be a judge on our 'Pop Idol' here which starts in a few months. I'd imagine he might go back over and do American Idol 3 but i think they are looking at doing that show sooner rather than later and he does have a heck of a lot of duties at BMG (his record company) that he's not been involved with much lately. Some of his groups seem to have suffered - it's not so much about what Simon gets paid to do these shows, he actually makes far more money from the records they release. He is the co-format creator with Simon Fuller so he gets a big chunk of the profits regardless. Simon Fuller's company goes onto manage these kids, and Simon Cowell's record company gives the winner a record deal. I wouldn't be suprised to see him judging it over there again though - if just for the TV exposure/media profile side of it, the guy loves publicity.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure if this has been said already or not but i heard this morning that Clay knew Rubin won five min's before it was said, Simon said that clay saw that card backstage. Simon was on good morning america or something like that, er his voice was on not him and said this.

That's one reason why clay is staring right into rubins face before the winner was called, or so they said on the today show, or good morning amer...ahh i saw it on the Muarry show...:rolleyes:

Zack)Rowlf the, confuesed,Dog.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I heard about that too...but I heard it was denied (of course)

you'd think they'd seal it or something......

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
It wouldn't suprise me if they both were told backstage, lots of 'suprises' aren't what they seem on TV. Generally though in live vote situations the card is only ever there for show - the presenter usually hears the result through his/her earpiece.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I heard about that too, and apparently Ryan showed Clay the card like five minutes beforehand. Then Clay denied it initially because he didn't know if Fox would let him say what actually happened. I don't think it really matters, though it does give me yet another reason to think Ryan Seacrest is kind of a dunderhead. As goofy as they were the first season, I found the hosting much more obnoxious this time around; they should've brought back Dunkleman instead!
Erin

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the host telling both contestants backstage wouldn't be a completely unsual thing to happen if that's how the production team wanted it - the other option as i said is announcing it 'blind' when absolutely nobody knows in advance. I guess if they know in advance it gives the person who has to sing time to prepare and also makes sure that there are no cold and nasty moments between anyone when the votes announced. I guess the judges would also know prior but i'm suprised that someone like Simon leaked that - i wonder if he was trying to get some point out about Clay, maybe they think he's a bit false.