Who are the Muppets suppose to be

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I don't know about who any of the really major characters were based on. But I've got a pretty strong hunch that Annie Sue Pig was based on a certain British actress (who nowadays can most certainly be found performing feature roles in West End musicals).

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Punch 'n' Judy,
Are you kidding, or do you really not know?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Skekayuk said:
I don't know about who any of the really major characters were based on. But I've got a pretty strong hunch that Annie Sue Pig was based on a certain British actress (who nowadays can most certainly be found performing feature roles in West End musicals).
Oh I agree. Annie does resemble her performer in many ways...though I can't vouch for whether their personalities were similar...gosh, I hope not anyway.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well I don't know to what extent Annie resembles her Muppeteer. However, there is at least one scene on TMS where she almost certainly did. ...
In the Leo Sayer episode, there is a scene in which she saves Fozzie's act. Afterwards she and Fozzie are comming off-stage and there is the following interaction between Annie and Kermit

Kermit: "Well done Annie Sue"
Annie: "But I didn't do very much"
Kermit: "You just saved Fozzie's act!"

From what little I've read/heard/scene I get the distinct impression that modest self efacement's rather similar to her performer.