Which SST DVD's are worth buying?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So, I already own the two Old School sets but I've been considering building up my Sesame DVD collection but what I specifically want is the discs with mostly older material. So what DVD's would you guys recommend that are heavy on 70's-80's content?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One thing I would suggest is "Kids Favorite Country Songs". Dispite being Elmo centric, it has some pretty nice stuff on it. There are a couple of classic segments in the main program, and several are included as bonuses.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Play Along Games and Songs is a great DVD from the '80s that includes advetures with Big Bird, Forgetful Jones and Elmo together, and also several old school sketches.

Sing Along (also '80s I believe) has a lot of the classic adults on the roof with Big Bird, Hoots, Biff and Sully (listen for Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt accidently being overheard on the soundtrack at the end!)

Sing, Hoot and Howl (1991) has a lot of classic live action segments and memorable moments from Gladys the Cow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Big Bird goes to China and Big Bird goes to Japan. All I can say.

sesameguy

Reaction score
"Sing Along" is a good choice - it also features David!

You may already have it, but "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" has been released to DVD. A true classic! Also features Mr. Hooper and David.

One I enjoy is "Sleepytime stories and songs" (AKA Bedtime Stories & Songs). It includes the original version of "Imagination" sung by Bert and Ernie, and "Dance myself to sleep."

"Count it Higher" features some classic music videos from the show.

Telly

Reaction score
No love for Follow That Bird?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No love for Follow That Bird?
Lol, very true, though I think maybe people are kinda taking that for granted and are trying to think of more obscure DVDs that are more like regular episodes.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Lol, very true, though I think maybe people are kinda taking that for granted and are trying to think of more obscure DVDs that are more like regular episodes.
I think so, Follow That Bird is like the crown jewel of SS DVDs IMHO...Don't Eat The Pictures would be to, if they would only record it onto DVD :sympathy: