1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Which performer should get a documentary next?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by minor muppetz, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Borples

Borples Active Member

Ha! If it meant that I could go interview everyone involved extensively, and spend hours and hours poring over behind the scenes footage, I would go learn how to make movies right NOW. :D
    Yorick likes this.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I don't love the Muppets from the '90s. But, I like the idea of focusing on the transition the performers went through. :)
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Now that I think back on it, I think a Steve Whitmire one would be great. Aside from how he, like Kevin Clash started puppeteering as a child, but the guy's worked for Sid and Marty Krofft, he has done amazing volunteer work at Tippi Hedren's wildlife preserve Shambala, the list goes on and on.
    Yorick likes this.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Frank Oz...definitely Frank Oz.
    heralde likes this.
  5. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

I actually started writing a screenplay about Whitmire. It's just a pet project, I don't think I'll do anything with it because of the copyright stuff involved. But think about it: following young Steve Whitmire to New York, auditioning in front of Henson, and then becoming part of the team. He was mentored by Henson, and then he took over for Henson. It'd be a great documentary/story. And it's all true.
  6. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Yeah I can see that...
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

By the way does anyone know when Being Elmo is up for sale? I also read somewhere that it'll be showing in my city on Feb. 23rd. It was here for one day and it's interesting that I saw it's coming back..? It's werid becuase last time it said it'll be shown on December 23rd and it came early, doesn't make any sense.
    (I really want to see that movie,)
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I like where your going with this. Kind of a look at the whole Muppets/Jim Henson world through Steve Whitmire's eyes
    Collgoff likes this.
  9. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

When I first saw the title of this thread, my instant thought was actually Steve Whitmire. Though he's not as widely known as Frank Oz per se, his story of taking over Kermit is something that would certainly have mass appeal and I'd love to hear more of Whitmire and other performers talking about this important time behind the scenes. It's such an amazing story and I think he's done such a wonderful job keeping Kermit alive over the years. I'm kind of surprised Steve still isn't at least a bit more well known to the public since taking over Kermit. I don't know if there was any big publicity at the time about who would take over after Jim's Death.

For me personally, I would also love to see a documentary on Richard Hunt. I guess you could say the closest we'll get to that is the upcoming biography on him by Max Stein.
  10. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Who's Max Stein?
  11. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Jessica Max Stein did an 86-page zine on Richard in 2009 called The Rainbow Connection: Richard Hunt, Gay Muppeteer. She also did interview Jerry Nelson and Jane Hunt on Richard and those can be seen on her site. As I understand it, the zine did quite well and she's now working on full-length biography.
  12. Collgoff

13. Collgoff

Everyone I just some good news!
    The good news is going to be a Carol Spinney doumentrey coming soon.

http://vimeo.com/22006155
  14. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I would also really adore a doc on Steve's work since taking over Kermit. I know it was a difficult process for him, but as we know, he's fully grown into the role and continues the legacy and integrity of the character.

Title suggestion (if a bit obvious) - Bein' Green :)
    Yorick, Borples and Collgoff like this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Steve Whitmire or Dave Golez i perfer Dave first since hes a little older
    Collgoff likes this.
  16. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

I would absolutely watch a Steve Whitmire:shifty: or Richard Hunt;) documentary, but a Jerry Nelson:sing: , Frank Oz:o , or Dave Goelz:concern: documentaries would be very great, too.
  17. Avilos

Avilos Member

Funny, I am just reading this thread today and as I read it every idea I had I would see was already suggested BUT ONE....

I think there is another story to tell, the affect the Muppets has had on all of us in our lives. A documentary about the fans.

It could focus on a number of us. Individual stories and the fan community as a whole. In fact this is something that could be started by us.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It could be hosted by Walter!
    Muppet fan 123, Borples and Collgoff like this.
  19. Collgoff

Well we do have Kevin Clash Documentary and the one about about Carol Spinney will be coming soon.
    But there might be more Documentaries about the muppet performers in the Future so we all always have something to renember them by after they are long gone.

All though I do some ideas which ones should have a documentary after Keving Clash and Carol Spinney.
    Mine will their charaters talk about their puppeteers a little bit!

A Fran Brill one will be an honner because she has a long history of working with the muppets and she was the first woman puppeteer who was hired by Jim Henaon.
    Plus she works with the other muppet performers like when she and Kevin are performing Elmo and Zoe on Sesame street, Ace Yu and Colleen Barker in Dog city and so on.

A Jerry Nelson one should be a good one because he a big history with the muppets and thing that happened to him before that.
    I think it would be nice if some of his characters like Robin the Frog, Floyd Pepper, Gobo Fraggle, Emmite Otter and Lew Zealand talk about their performer.
    Of course I would love to hear more of Jerry talk about Fraggle Rock and his teamwork withe Richard Hunt.

A frank Oz one will work too and since work Jim Henson and the muppets we can see what his life was life and learn more about his Friendship with Jim Henson because they were Bert and Ernie on Sesame street and Kermit the Frog and Fozzie Bear along with miss Piggy.
    But not only that he also tell people about life a film director.

A Dave Goelz one should be good about his childhood with puppets along with his first work place before he became one of our beloved Muppeteers.
    So there are more things then that also!

A Steve Whitmire one might be great because he had been Internet the muppets since he was a kid plus he did a lot of stuff with the muppets for years now and doing Kermit the Frog ever since the year of 1990 which is the year that Jim Henson Died on May 16,1990.
    Yorick likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Now that Caroll is getting one, I think maybe perhaps the next documentary should go to Jerry Nelson, he's probably one of the more versatile, and celebrated of the original Muppeteers.

One with Frank Oz might be iffy.
    Yorick, Muppet fan 123 and Collgoff like this.