Where are the older humans?

Censored

Reaction score
Bottom line: My loyalties will always remain with Bob, Roscoe, and Emilio. If anyone feels different, that is their right.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I kind of feel the whole ageism issue is people looking and reading way too deep into the issue. But seems now we know the actors are okay. There was some sort of communication breakdown that hopefully they can all learn from.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm just sitting far away and enjoying this lovely thread go on and on...

The issue's clear now. The three amigos will still be involved with the show...we're happy. Can't we just move on, like Mo Frackle said?

Censored

Reaction score
I'm just sitting far away and enjoying this lovely thread go on and on...

The issue's clear now. The three amigos will still be involved with the show...we're happy. Can't we just move on, like Mo Frackle said?
The proof will be on TV.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Rationality is not denial. Clearly your the one in denial because you refuse to see any of this from a more broad perspective.
Hey Pig's laundry, why dont you just lay off Gee Bee. Iv'e been trying to get ahold of you for weeks and all you do is ignore my messages like a little *****

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Clearly this was not about age.....this was about story lines availability and more importantly money. No where during this did either party say it was about age.To continue these ramblings on age is pointless and foolish!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss her too. It's extremely rare to learn about Indian culture on TV. And it's even more rare to see a non stereotypical Indian character on TV or movies. That representation is still very much needed and kids of the ethnicity deserve to be represented.
She came at a time when Indian characters in a TV show were bumbling buffoons with accents that make Apu from The Simpsons look realistic and subtle. There was this one show that was downright terrible, I think the Farley Bros produced it, and it lasted a month. I don't want to say this was a direct result of people being ticked off that their jobs were being outsourced, it seems either that or we can't make fun of Asians anymore because they have an anti-defamation group, but Indians don't have one yet, so let's go hog wild.

I may joke a lot about how Gedde Watanabe had his only respectful role on Sesame Street, but check out the movies and TV shows he appeared in at the time. Sure, the "YOU SO STUPID!!! YOU SO STUPID!!!" line from UHF always gets me, I feel kinda bad about it. But once he stopped appearing on Sesame Street, he returned to being one of the only 2 Japanese actors with Sab Shimono to play stereotypical roles. He got the goofy Pan-Asian foreigner, Sab got the uptight Japanese businessman.

Bottom line for me is, sure, I miss Bob, Luis, and Gordon, but I also miss Mando, Susan, Maria, Leela, and the other cast members that either stopped being written into the show or left for their own careers. SW botched the heck out of this and backpedaled, when the only thing going on is that the characters were being left out for underuse, and clearly budget. I can't feel that bad for the 3 of the group that's no longer regularly involved in the show if I can't feel for others. Not to mention they've been with the show so long that they'd probably make more money with tie in books, TV appearances, and speaking engagements. I'd be content if they just wrote them into one episode a year like they used to.