When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Online and print at home coupons. My mom's always been a big couponer, even before couponing became a J.O.B. job (seriously, she was Coupon Mom or Coupon Susie before any of them were ever even thought of), but now that she's gotten into online coupons, and printing coupons at home, it's seriously using up all my paper and printer ink and causing me to have to buy the stuff more frequently now because she prints so many coupons all the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Printer ink sucks. It's like it's made out of the blood of rare North American Condors or something. It's that expensive. And home printers never actually print that good. Worst of all, I got this piece of garbage printer that didn't even read 2 ink carts correctly, and I haven't been able to get replacements yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Printer ink at Walmart, admittedly, is like half the price of what you would get at an office supply store. Like my old printer used to take one black cartridge and one tri-color cartridge (my new printer takes a cartridge for each individual color), and to buy both of them at Walmart was about the same price that just one of them was at Office Depot/Max/what have you.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd agree if not for one thing. You constantly have to buy a new printer anyway, since they break down after barely a year. Why do printers have to suck?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'd agree if not for one thing. You constantly have to buy a new printer anyway, since they break down after barely a year. Why do printers have to suck?
The same reason why all electronics suck these days, because if they don't break then you don't buy more XP

I'm on my second printer in four years. My first one which was an amazing Dell printer started giving me a printhead alignment error, even after taking out and cleaning the entire thing.

Now I have a cheap hp printer. I will say, the printing software was a pain to install. It literally took me like an hour for the entire thing to install and I've been getting alerts that its out of date since I installed it. I'm like, nope, it works fine. I'm not risking another lengthy update for it to break :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've only gone through two printers in the last nine years or so... both are HP, my old one was just a standard inkjet printer, my current one is a combination of a printer, scanner, and copier... I'd still be using my old printer today if it wasn't for the fact that it's not compatible with current Windows 7 computer, which is why I had to get a new printer.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Online and print at home coupons. My mom's always been a big couponer, even before couponing became a J.O.B. job (seriously, she was Coupon Mom or Coupon Susie before any of them were ever even thought of), but now that she's gotten into online coupons, and printing coupons at home, it's seriously using up all my paper and printer ink and causing me to have to buy the stuff more frequently now because she prints so many coupons all the time.

Why don't you just tell her that, if she has a shopper's card to any certain grocery stores, you could load coupons through certain sites. Most stores now have a policy that you can't use a digital coupon with a paper coupon. That should help you out on, not only paper, but printer ink as well............it sounded good anyways lol.

Daniel

cjd874

Reaction score
COLLEGE RANT TIME! Strap on your seat belts, this is an epic one.

Context: I go to college to study music. There was a senior who needed a particular set of drums and instruments for a piece he was working on, and a graduate student in the work study program took his whole rig apart, assuming that it belonged to somebody else. Needless to say, the senior was furious, and their heated argument escalated into a full-on shouting match. The grad said he was just doing his job as a work study member, and then the senior accused him of not doing his job. The grad called the senior unprofessional, and then blasted his co-work study member, who was IN THE ROOM watching the argument play out. The grad accused her of not doing HER job, when the opposite is true: she works harder than him. (Who's the unprofessional one now?)
I was in a different room practicing some music, but I could hear the shouting coming from downstairs, as did the other people in the rooms next to mine. So another grad student, a junior, and I were standing outside our rooms on the upper floor, talking in hushed voices about what we were hearing. I know it's none of my business and it shouldn't be a personal concern of mine, but…come on! How freaking hard is it to ASK around, instead of assuming something? The grad student is known for being serious about his work, but he comes off as pushy and aggressive more often than not. And the senior, in his four years at my university, has seen it all and he knew to stand his ground (for which I applaud him). Naturally, word got around quickly and soon everyone was talking about it. Literally, EVERYONE sided with the senior and not the grad student. Even one of the grad's best friends planned to give him a phone call to talk about his behavior. Later, I talked with the work study member who had been insulted (she's my age), and told her that if she needed anything, I would help her. She works so hard, but she gets so much crap from everyone. I don't want that for her. She's one of the hardest working people in the department. I genuinely appreciate what she does.

My overall point: If people weren't so stubborn, bossy, and high-and-mighty all the time, and didn't make STUPID assumptions before carrying out their actions, this world would be a much better place, and everyone's lives would be easier. Also, no one should be work so hard and be ignored so intensely. If we showed more appreciation and respect for each other, that would also be a step in the right direction. But, as I know all too well, some people are going to do whatever the **** they want and they won't give a **** about who they hurt, or what damage they cause. A-holes will be a-holes, unfortunately.