When you need to rant...

cjd874

Reaction score
Miley Cyrus's performance at the VMAs was an absolute disgrace. This is further proof that today's child stars don't end up anywhere in life (Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Justin Bieber, etc). If the young kids/teens of America continue to be exposed to that sexualized crap that Miley & company are forcing on them, then it just might spell disaster for the integrity and morals of a whole generation.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If the young kids/teens of America continue to be exposed to that sexualized crap that Miley & company are forcing on them, then it just might spell disaster for the integrity and morals of a whole generation.
...no one is forcing kids to watch anything. It's the misconception that because Miley used to be a child star to entertain children, she has to maintain a squeaky clean image. Uh. No. She wants to escape from the kiddy image. She's not forcing anything on anyone. it's ill informed parents that allow their children to be exposed to it because oh, she's Miley Cyrus. She does no wrong.

cjd874

Reaction score
...no one is forcing kids to watch anything. It's the misconception that because Miley used to be a child star to entertain children, she has to maintain a squeaky clean image. Uh. No. She wants to escape from the kiddy image. She's not forcing anything on anyone. it's ill informed parents that allow their children to be exposed to it because oh, she's Miley Cyrus. She does no wrong.
So who's at fault? The parents, who are supposed to bring their kids up responsibly and teach them what's right and wrong? Or the people in Miley's camp (agent, manager, and so on), who must represent her and seem to give the OK for everything she does?

And of course she wants to escape from the kiddy image. Every big star has to at some point. But did she really have to go to such an extreme in front of such a large audience?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
This has been discussed a number of pages back on this thread- some peoples' tastes in music are so narrow they can't get beyond whatever crap is being pushed by the marketing forces this week, and/or they hop from one bandwagon to the next.

Some peoples' tastes are dictated solely by whose face is on Tiger Beat this week.
There is a TON of great music you'll never hear on Top 40 radio (if you're lucky enough to get Sirius, whole new universes suddenly open up). All you have to do is be curious enough to discover it.

And I'll say it to my dying day, if you really want to appreciate good music that will never get old, The Beatles are as good a place to start as any.

cjd874

Reaction score
And I'll say it to my dying day, if you really want to appreciate good music that will never get old, The Beatles are as good a place to start as any.
YES. 120% YES. The Beatles are my favorite band of all time. I guess we share similar taste in music.:big_grin::cool::halo::sing:

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
ONE DIRECTION IS PERFECTLY FINE. Miley and Justin Bieber and Amanda Bynes are using their fame for relationships and money and other things that I don't wanna talk about since I'm only 11

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Miley Cyrus's performance at the VMAs was an absolute disgrace. This is further proof that today's child stars don't end up anywhere in life (Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Bynes, Justin Bieber, etc). If the young kids/teens of America continue to be exposed to that sexualized crap that Miley & company are forcing on them, then it just might spell disaster for the integrity and morals of a whole generation.
This is the cover of her new album. This cover looks like some print ad you'd find in the street advertising a strip club, just a horrific piece of album art.

But she's in the music business and trying to make money like any other artist, and this is what she thinks is going to give her the best chance of being successful. I guarantee if she would have recorded country music if she thought that would have given her the best chance to be successful, and the same with Avril Lavigne style mall-punk. She's just out to make money, and I bet she doesn't care what she has to record or do to do it.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow, that album cover looks like something you'd find in a vinyl record store in the early 80s........although, it would say Madonna on it and sell out. Instead it says 'Miley' on it and will sell a tad less.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is the cover of her new album. This cover looks like some print ad you'd find in the street advertising a strip club, just a horrific piece of album art.
I actually have more respect for Miley now than when she was one of Disney's rotating disposable prefab pop stars. As obnoxious, forced, and ham fisted as her rebelliousness is, at least she's trying to distance herself from that crappy, generic kiddy sitcom and generic, crappy kiddy pop she had to continuously crank out. The thing that is just too good to resist is all these prudish, not at all cool "Cool Moms" flipping a crap over how "adult" she's become and how she's no longer a good role model for kids that grew out of her before her show got mercifully cancelled. It's sad and hilarious at the same time. On the one hand, you have to separate the art (such as it is) from the artist (such as it is). On the other hand, the moms have no one but themselves to blame for having a casting call picked, fictitious character as a role model. And due to the disposable nature of Disney's Kiddycoms, I'm pretty sure no one has kept Miley as a role model since Bush left office.

And, even as a Contractual purity puppet, she was always more talented and had more hits than her father... whose one hit isn't even his OWN song.

But suffice to say, I'm over the moon happy that Disney's decided to focus on Phineas and Ferb, Marvel cartoon shows, Gravity Falls, and Wonder over Yonder than any of their carbon copy lame 90's style sitcoms.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Because you didn't ask for it, here are my thoughts on the scene in Willy Wonka where the class is doing Math using Wonka bars and the guy is asking how many Wonka bars the kids bought and they say like 73, and 82, etc. then Charlie Bucket says that he had 2 or 3 and people are looking at him like he's fricken crazy and I don't remember if they asked him "2?" but if they asked ME that question I woulda said "Yeah, 2. I'm not a fricken glutton like the rest of you. I don't know if you fricken know this but I live in a 1 room shack with like 6 other people and 4 of them can't get out of fricken bed. My parents are so poor, they gotta ask North Korean children for loans, and you're wondering why this 72-lb. kid didn't have 75-80 fricken Wonka bars? Fricken really?" But that's just me, what the heck do I know

Daniel