What's next for MuppetWriter's Fanfics?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So... You're aiming at a Cool World/Dog City TV Series angle with the reboot of Marvelous Muppets. Interesting. Not entirely sure why Mumford and Zatana would be at war with each other, they're both good guy characters right? Looking forward to it all, just don't run yourself ragged with school and all these wonderful tales planned in such great detail.

Take care buddy.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Well, it's been a while since we've seen a "MARVELOUS Muppets" or "Sesame, DC" story but I now have a big announcement that will change all that. I, Bannanasketch, am now going to to take over writing for both series. Here's the plan:

"The Marvelous Muppets" will be rebooted by me beginning with an Iron Man/Muppets crossover. I will continue to write the crossovers of the Marvel movies that follow Iron Man. I have talked to Sean about this and we both agreed that rebooting is the best way for me to write this series easily without any confusion. You can expect to see the ALL NEW reboot of "The Marvelous Muppets" in Mid-May.

As for "Sesame, DC", the series will go on in continuation. I will begin that with a rewrite of "Night of Knights." I plan on using this oppurtunity to bring out some of the darker side of The Street. It's gonna get pretty crazy. You can expect to see the new "Sesame DC" series continue in June.

I think it'll be great to write these and I'm really excited. I've never written a fanfiction for the forums before but I'm ready to go this. I will start up a new thread similiar to this one where I can post the announcements I make on the forums. This should be really fun and I can't wait to see who reads my stories. :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Wow. It's been so long since I've visited this thread. *blows off dust and coughs*

Honored to have Bannanasketch write a new version of "Marvelous Muppets" and continue "Sesame, DC"! Glad to see you using my method of providing yourself with deadlines because just jumping right into the story without brainstorming is sometimes not a great idea (I speak from experience during my earliest years of being a writer).

Can't wait to see what you come up with! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, Readers! Well, I've got some big news to post, and I figured that I would post it here on my old "coming soon" thread! :smile:

I'm going to be posting my first original story for Muppet Central since 2008 (World of Disney doesn't count because it debuted on Disney-Dreams.net before making its way here, haha!). This story will be a triple crossover between The Muppets, Jurassic Park, and Dinosaurs. Crazy idea, eh? It wouldn't be my first. :wink:

Anywho, the story will feature classic Muppet characters and those from Dinosaurs, along with the dinosaurs of Jurassic Park and characters based on myself and my friends Brandy Wine (who is currently featured in World of Disney) and Bishop Hartze to add some human flare to the tale.

I'm planning on posting it on M.C. this fall season, but I will have a "sneak preview" to it on Disney-Dreams.net during the debut of a story I'm posting on there next month titled Disney's Back to the Future. Here's the link to the forum...

http://www.disneydreams-boards.org/

I'm excited to have a new story exclusively for Muppet Central, and this one will certainly be a departure from my past stories! :smile:

EDIT: Brandy and Bishop are both following the official Facebook page for World of Disney. Click the link in my signature below to find them!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I have some new detail on the "MC Exclusive" Muppets/Jurassic Park story I'll be working on this fall.

The title of the story will be "The Muppets Take Jurassic Park."

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rizzo, Pepe, Bunsen, and Beaker will be the main characters from the Muppet cast.

The human characters are Sean Grant (my character), his brother Bishop (Bishop Hartze), his sister Eve (who will be based on my friend and star of Disney's Back to the Future, Eve Bernal), Brandy Malcolm (Brandy Wine), Lindsay Arnold (based on my friend Lindsay Kaye), and Jennifer Nedry (based on friend and World of Disney star, Jennifer Brown). *The last names of the human characters are of course based on the characters from the movie and novel*

Bunsen and Beaker will collectively play a role similar to that of John Hammond, the creator of Jurassic Park.

The Dinosaurs characters are depicted as being a hybrid of regular dinosaur and Muppet DNA, hence the reason they are the only "talking dinosaurs" in the story.

More details will come soon! :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Just a heads up for everyone - I'll start working on The Muppets Take Jurassic Park next month to start posting chapters in September on MC! Between then, I'll post previews here on this thread. :news:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Hey-ho, everyone! :smile:

I've been making sweet progress on The Muppets Take Jurassic Park, my first MC exclusive story in three years. The first part of the tale plays out similarly to events of the Jurassic Park movie, but they will start to change when characters from Dinosaurs start coming into the picture. :jim:

I'll have a sneak preview posted tomorrow on this thread. It's the same one I posted with my Disney/Back to the Future story on Disney-Dreams.net a few months back, but with a few minor changes.

The story will debut on the forum next month! :excited:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
As promised, here is a sneak preview from The Muppets Take Jurassic Park...

------------​

Grant tried to find interest elsewhere during the tour while Brandy was captivating his brother and sister over her talk on the Chaos Theory, something that he had (and will never) understand. Staring out of the passenger side window of the Ford Explorer, he hoped to have seen at least one other dinosaur on the tour, which appeared to have been failing miserably from what Sean could tell. If Bunsen and Beaker had really paid much thought into the creation of their dinosaurs, they would have realized that the dinosaurs would be unable to survive in the new atmosphere they were created in. The fact that the group had not seen a single dinosaur up until that point on the ride-through was not too surprising.

Then he saw it – something with scaly skin and a tail move in and out between the tall trees that secluded the sunlight, which in turn was beginning to be secluded by the collection of clouds emerging in the sky. It was difficult to tell what specific species it was, which peek Grant’s curiosity even more. As a result, the paleontologist jerked on the door handle and bolted out of the moving vehicle, catching the attention of his siblings and Dr. Malcolm.

“Sean?!” Eve exclaimed in surprise.

“There, you see? Excellent example of Chaos Theory.” Brandy uttered. “Who would’ve predicted that to happen?”

Confused and a bit concerned over what just happened, Bishop, Brandy, and Eve hopped out of the vehicle as well. From the other car, Kermit and company spotted their human companions making a break for the trees. “What is going on?” Kermit muttered.

“Can they do that? I don’t think they’re supposed to be doing that.”

Fozzie’s question came just as a female voice spoke over the intercoms built in the Explorer. “Ladies and gentlemen, please remain in your vehicles during the tour.”

“See?” Fozzie uttered. “Told ya they aren’t supposed to be doing that.”

“Why did Dr. Grant get out of the other car, Uncle Kermit?” Robin asked.

“I don’t know, but I intend on getting out myself and finding out what’s so fascinating in these trees.” Kermit answered just as he jerked on the door handle and opened the passenger side door himself.

Seeing what he was doing, Miss Piggy quickly reacted and calmly told him, “Now, Kermie…the lady told us to remain in the car. I’m sure whatever Dr. Grant’s doing is no concern of ours.”

Kermit was taken aback by Piggy’s words. “No conc…?! Piggy, I’m a reporter. Gonzo and Fozzie are reporters. That means everything is our concern, especially in Jurassic Park.” With that said, Kermit hopped out of the moving vehicle, surprising all of his friends and family.

“Famous last words, okay.” Pepe whispered to Rizzo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Bunsen and Beaker watched the monitors along with Lindsay and Jennifer in the control room, seeing practically all of the passengers exit their vehicles and go into the trees. Lindsay shook her head while typing in a command on the keyboard. “I’m stoppin’ the cars. Clearly somethin’ else is more interesting that we didn’t know about.”

“Locks would’ve prevented something like this…just sayin’.” Nedry stated.

“Oh, dear.” Bunsen softly said upon observing the monitors. “I do believe that is one of Jurassic Park’s restricted areas.”

Arnold turned to Bunsen with a look of caution. “Which one?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Grant moved in and out of the tall trees, mimicking the movements of the creature that he was pursuing. When the creature stopped in its tracks, Grant had done the same, only to be joined by his friends and colleagues. Bishop was the first one to question his actions by addressing him and saying, “Sean! What in God’s name are you doing, man?”

“I think I’ve just found an unspecified species.” Sean replied.

“Which one?” Eve questioned.

“The Allosaurus, I believe.” Sean accurately confirmed.

Brandy smiled. “Aw, man. Now that is one heck of a find.”

Sean gazed straight ahead, not letting his attention divert away from the dinosaur that he was targeting. Once he had gotten a clear enough view of the Allosaurus, he pointed to it for his companions to witness along with him. “There! You see her?”

Brandy, Bishop, and Eve followed his gaze and were met with surprise once they finally spotted the creature. “Wow! Good eye, bro!” Bishop said with a grin.

“I’m going to try and get a closer look.” Sean said. “You all stay here and keep absolutely silent.”

Grant then moved forward, slowly and quietly, making sure not to be seen by the Allosaurus or create any noise that would direct its attention to him. His approach appeared to be working flawlessly as he was just a few feet away from the creature that stood within the vast, dense forest and appeared to be collecting some plants. Sean smiled greatly, being close to one of his most favorite dinosaurs growing up, and the moment seemed practically impervious until…

“Hey, you guys!!!” Fozzie’s voice carried over much of the forest as the bear screamed out to the group.

Brandy, Bishop, and Eve shushed Fozzie, but it was no use. Because of the bear’s sudden interaction, the Allosaurus’s attention was directed towards the human standing within a close distance from her, starling her to the point that she ran away screaming. “No!” Sean exclaimed as he chased the dinosaur through the forest. As he had done so, he was impressed to discover just how fast the Allosaurus could actually move. Within seconds, the dinosaur had disappeared from sight, leaving Sean to stop in his tracks and give up the chase.

A marvelous opportunity for a dinosaur-human interaction that was a million years in the making, and it was ruined by a bear. Shaking his head, Sean muttered, “Thanks a lot, Foz…DAH!!!”

Just as Sean had turned to rejoin his friends, he was suddenly met by the protruding, scaly face of the very creature that he had been pursuing – the Allosaurus. She stared directly at him with large bluish, feminine eyes, wearing a bright pink sweater – something that Grant had taken notice of for the first time since pursuing the creature. However, the one most shocking trait about the legendary dinosaur that had reemerged into the world, courtesy of Jurassic Park’s vast technology, was when she opened her mouth and…

“Please don’t tell anyone I was out here!”

talked.

-----------​

Look for more sneak previews in the coming weeks! :wink: