What TV Show has the most Spin offs?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I was wondering what TV show has the most Spin off series made from it? I am thinking of a few shows, which all seem to be around 3 spin offs each.The Mary Tyler Moore show gave us "Lou Grant", "Phyliss", and "Rhoda". "Happy Days" gave us "Lavern & Shirley", "Mork & Mindy" and "Joanie Loves Chachie". "Man about the House" (UK) gave us "George & Mildred", "Robin's Nest" and "Miss Jones and Son".Are there any shows which have produced 4 or more?

mr3urious

Reaction score
All in the Family (which is the American adaptation of Man About the House) had The Jeffersons, Maude, and Good Times (the later of which was actually spun off from Maude).

muppetperson

Reaction score
I wonder how many "Bionic" spin offs were there? I know there was "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "Bionic Woman", but I am thinking there could of been more? Didn't Oscar Goldman get a show?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Happy Days had Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy, and Joanie Loves Chachi, as well as two short-lived shows: Blansky's Beauties and Out of the Blue (the later of which is debatably a spin-off, as the show actually debuted a week before the spin-offs character appeared on Happy Days, though Wikipedia says that was a scheduling error; In fact, the first time I heard of Blanksy's Beauties, it was in a local questions-and-answers portion of the TV listing, where it was said that the show is not a spin-off). There were also two animated shows, Fonz and the Happy Days Gang and later The Fonz/Lavern and Shirley/Mork and Mindy Hour, but do animated shows count as spin-offs?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Happy Days was a spinoff of Love, American Style wasn't it? Does second generation count?

All in the Family also had Archie Bunker's Place I believe.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think All In The Family also had Gloria, which if I remember correctly got cancelled the same time Archie Bunker's Place did in 1982 or 1983.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Among the Cheers spin-offs: Frasier, The Tortellis, and although not a direct spin-off, Cliff, Norm, Frasier, Lilith and Rebecca Howe made crossover appearances on Wings, which took place at Nantucket Airport and the team of David Angell, Peter Casey and David Lee created Cheers, Frasier and Wings.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
All in the Family also had Archie Bunker's Place I believe.
I often wonder if shows starring the lead characters count. Shouldn't it be a sequel series? I also find it odd that There's a Crowd is often referred to as a spin-off from Three's Company, since that show stars Jack Tripper.

snichols1973

Reaction score
CSI: Miami and CSI: NY are spin-offs of the original CSI: Las Vegas, while
the original Law & Order series would lead to four spinoffs: Special Victims Unit, Criminal Intent, Trial by Jury, and L&O: LA, for a total of five shows in the L&O franchise family.

:batty:: Counting all those spin-offs can make one go batty, ah ha ha ha ha!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HAPPY DAYS in and of itself was a spin-off from LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE.

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES had PETTICOAT JUNCTION and GREEN ACRES.

SANFORD AND SON had GRADY, THE SANFORD ARMS, and SANFORD.