What sketches scared you as a kid?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Total agreement about the "make the first thing the last skit". The plastic house (making that weird whistling tweet sound) used to make me jump.

As for the Cookie Monster as "Shaft" skit...I'D DIE TO SEE IT!!!!!

Annother one was this one I remember vaugely, is a live action film of a metal factory in which they make the letter I (or was it X) out of metal. It was fine for a few seconds, but then the music was lik "BOM BOM DOM DOM DOM!!!!!" and extreemly creepy, then the I comes out (burning red) and a scarey V.O. says, I .

FREAKY!!!!!!!!

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
To Don'tLiveonMoon

Erin,

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about in the "Try to remember the things you've passed..." sketch. All of the machinery/landmark things looked & sounded as if they were from a nightmarish version of "The Wiz."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum so it seems appropriate to start off with my favorite childhood show Sesame Street. :smile:

Hmm scary sketches....where to begin? Don't get me wrong, I loved Sesame Street and still do. But I admit there were a few sketches that were a bit...unnerving for a 3 year old!

Ok...The first one I can remember is when Ernie is singing about bugs. This caterpillar inches by making a sound like "didle didle didle didle" (by the way, caterpillars dont' make sounds!!!) It was black and creepy. That terrified me! It didn't help me with my fear of bugs years later! Hehe

There was this shark that would sing and they'd get a close up of it's mouth...my cousin has a video of me talking about that saying "A shark scared me but it was only make believe (My Mom drilled that into my head!)

There was a claymation bit (me and claymation didn't get along!)
Where there was a LIVING CHAIR with a suit and glasses and a tie. He'd inch along when he walked. He was huming to himself as he left the room. Then he'd bump into the door because he had no arms and he'd say "Oh excuse me" and walk out. I think it was the logical sense part of my brain saying "But this can't happen!!!"

Then there was this really strange, incomprehensible cartoon with this human with a huge beak type mouth trying to push an elephant through a door. This little girl walked by. The guy said in a wierd voice "can you help me?" and the girl said "no".
Then the elephant got pushed in somehow and the guy sort of got deflated and flew in. I have no idea what that was about and no idea why it bugged me!

The annoying thing is that no one I know has ever rememberd these sketches!!! :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Herald7
There was a claymation bit (me and claymation didn't get along!)
Where there was a LIVING CHAIR with a suit and glasses and a tie. He'd inch along when he walked. He was huming to himself as he left the room. Then he'd bump into the door because he had no arms and he'd say "Oh excuse me" and walk out. I think it was the logical sense part of my brain saying "But this can't happen!!!"
OMG, I SOOOOO remember that!! But I thought it was a hoot! Lol! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
OMG, I SOOOOO remember that!! But I thought it was a hoot! Lol! :big_grin:
Me too! I remember going around the house, bumping into things and saying "oops, excues me!"

LOLLASC (Laughing out loud like a stupid cat)

Natalie

Reaction score
Yep, I remember the weird one with the elephant too, odd. A lot of the cartoons on SS are just strange, they don't make much sense.

80'sboxes

Reaction score
There is one skit that scared the crap out of me, and one character that I never wanted to run into on the street.

The character was the big dude who carried oscar and his can around. I forget his name but he looked about 10 feet fall and never said anything...wore jeans and a jean jacket and kept his head down for the most part. The silent types still freak me out. I don't remember seeing him often in later years but he made a few appearances in the early 80's.

The skit that scared me (and still sorta does) was the one with all those little ramps set in a pitch black room, an orange ball ran down the ramps and through a serise of little flags and tunnels..then at the end it went through this little machine and ball gets turned into powder which a little girl comes over and eats. Its strange...obscure and I wonder today who came up with that idea. I think the thing that bothered me so much was the setting. It was a weird item set up in a weird, undistinguisable place. It was like it had no setting at all.

Shannon