What Pig preference do you have?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
i dont mind the newer piggy with the nags, but it just doesnt suit her at all, and as frogboy said, she deserves better. i also agree that if they go modern, they should loose the dead eyes and use the curly hair.
Yeah, the pig deserves the best.

I do feel the modern Piggy has looked off for several style choices.

*The short bangs change the dynamic of her face and eyes.
*The long straight hair gives her a fuller looking face that they sometimes try to thin out and then the whole puppet looks wonky.
*The platinum color can easily wash out the puppet’s more subtle colors and skin hue. A light-medium blonde works best.
*Ear placement is sometimes too perky and rabbit-like partly due to the fact that her wig is so flat that it makes them pop more.
*The eye placement always seems flat and generic rather than Piggy-specific. They no longer seem to have that spark. And what has happened to her eyelash quality?
*Her nose seems to have been slimmed down and is now less contoured.

Just in general the modern Miss Piggy puppet looks like a facsimile of a facsimile of a facsimile. It's just too far removed from the original pattern. If they still have the Muppet Caper pattern they should really start there and then make adjustments. I hope this new rumored Puppet Heap head has done just that.

Still, the wig they select will be very important. Hair with some body to it will aid the likeness immensely.

Taylor

Reaction score
Frogboy4 i completely agree with you. the modern disney piggy just looks dead and lifless. i love classic piggy especially from the great muppet caper (my favorite muppet movie). classic piggy looks so much more femenine than todays pig. we need a piggy with sparkly eyes long lashes, curly medium blonde hair, purple satin gloves, a pink, black, or purple dress and a pearl necklace. efx is making these replicas primarily for hardcore fans so they should stick with the classics for all the muppet characters.

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah they really should use the Great Muppet Caper Piggy look as a guide. I'm REALLY anxious to see her prototypes!

Nick22

Reaction score
me too! im dieing! so is rizzo first? then piggy? or is piggy first?

Telly

Reaction score
From my understanding, Rizzo's first. I don't think they have a 'set in stone' release schedule yet, but then again, I don't know any of the behind-the-scenes stuff so I don't want to start any rumors.:search:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From my understanding, Rizzo's first. I don't think they have a 'set in stone' release schedule yet, but then again, I don't know any of the behind-the-scenes stuff so I don't want to start any rumors.:search:
I agree and wonder how far along they are in their first prototype. Rizzo seems to be the first from what has been stated, but those things can always change. :shifty:

The fact that this line has been snagged up by another company shows that anything can happen. Personally, I think Miss Piggy will take some time to develop so I wouldn't count on her being second even though that would be cool.

I would expect a Reporter Kermit variation to at least be advertised upon release of the first poser from EFX because it makes good sense to bring in new customers. :smile:

Davina

Reaction score
from what has been said in another thread.. it sounds like rizzo, kermit, then either piggy or pepe.. depending on how long it takes to get either of them right..
course, as mentioned, nothing has yet been set in stone and anything can happen

Nick22

Reaction score
from what has been said in another thread.. it sounds like rizzo, kermit, then either piggy or pepe.. depending on how long it takes to get either of them right..
course, as mentioned, nothing has yet been set in stone and anything can happen
nothing is ever set in stone, as we've already learned. i hope they go far with this line. i rully hope they dont crash and burn like MR.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yeah they really should use the Great Muppet Caper Piggy look as a guide. I'm REALLY anxious to see her prototypes!
I like that look too...the full face and the hair line close to her eyes. I have a feeling that they will use the head mold from MTM, but the final stylings can be tuned into how ever the look they want ie different ears or wig or eye style/placement.