What I think happened...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know, that's interesting! Though, I wonder why Lucas thinks "quantity" is the answer. ::shrugs:: (I just hope he stops "updating' Star Wars :stick_out_tongue: , but that's another story!)

Marky

Reaction score
heralde said:
Wow, I didn't know, that's interesting! Though, I wonder why Lucas thinks "quantity" is the answer. ::shrugs:: (I just hope he stops "updating' Star Wars :stick_out_tongue: , but that's another story!)
I dunno... maybe because he's making 100 episodes for his live action Star Wars series???

travellingpat

Reaction score
heralde said:

Mhmm, all of those newererer DVDs are driving me crazy!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
heralde said:
Absolutely! Good writing is what has been missing from movies lately. There have always been badly written flicks, but they are even more in the majority now.

I'm seriously wondering if movies as a medium are on their way out. Not just with the writing, I mean like watching movies in a theater has become an unpleasant experience. Annoying commerials, unimpressive previews, noisy audience, not to mention OVER PRICED tickets and food.
I think that they think that if they make more and more crap films, they think more people will see ALL of them. Not so. Look at recent summers. Only about 5 memorable block busters, and the rest are really overhyped. Look at Miami Vice. They musta lost a fortune on that one.

Personally, I thought the writing for Cars and Over the Hedge were both pretty good. Ice Age 2 was a definate improvement over the first one. Other than that, I didn't bother. Monster House looked good, though.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I think that they think that if they make more and more crap films, they think more people will see ALL of them. Not so. Look at recent summers. Only about 5 memorable block busters, and the rest are really overhyped. Look at Miami Vice. They musta lost a fortune on that one.

Personally, I thought the writing for Cars and Over the Hedge were both pretty good. Ice Age 2 was a definate improvement over the first one. Other than that, I didn't bother. Monster House looked good, though.
monster house was a good movie the animation was a bit jerky though at times...it was like the movie couldn't figure out if it wanted to be real or a cartoon lol

Marky

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Mhmm, all of those newererer DVDs are driving me crazy!!!!
You should check out the division with fans on that! Some only want the original original ones in anamorphic blah blah, others want new CG saber scenes with Vader & Obi Wan in EPIV....

:embarrassed:

MWoO

Reaction score
I'm inbetween on star wars. I like the enhancment of the graphics and cleaning up the sound and stuff, but making han shoot second is awful and I never liked how they changed jabba in ep 4. just looked silly. Sure it needed to be done, but the tail stepping thing is just choppy.