What happened to Kermit's "Got Milk" commercials?

muppet_fan_1

Reaction score
I swear I only saw it once or twice....
but it's wonderful to see the muppets advertising and out ther again. Miss Piggy for instance did the "Lays" magazine ads for a while and Kermit was spokeperson for the new quarters wasn't he? I have a blown up magazine page hanging on my wall.
well I'm not sure WHY I'm telling you all this...
maybe cause I'm a newcomer and am just trying to sound as smart and informed as the rest of you? maybe...just maybe....

dwmckim

Reaction score
The "got milk" ads are basically a multi-celebrity campaign - they put out frequent creative ads with several different people...playing off of the joy and fun of "who will be the next person to sport a 'milk moustache?'". Kermit was one of many noted personalities to carry that honor!

Since they go from ad to ad with different people, each one is rather short-lived which is why you don't see Kermit's anymore - they quickly move on to their next model - as opposed to something like Baked Lay's that hangs on to a specific spokesperson or concept for awhile.

However a potential bonus is that because the Got Milk ads are so loved and varied, sometimes posters of the best ones are released and there's also been "best of" calendars so maybe if we're lucky we may see the Kermit ads pop up down the line in one of those forms. Cookie Monster had done a "Got Milk" ad before Kermit and there was a poster released of that spot!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
muppet_fan_1

Check gotmilk.com and ebay for the Kermit poster. I have one (a gift) so it's definitely out there somewhere.