1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

What DO YOU want to see in the new Dark Crystal Movie??

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by JMPrater, Feb 11, 2007.

1. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

I'd like to add this bit....

Special Effect Work...

I'm apprehensive that some of this film will end up looking like the cheaply made effects from the Sci-Fi Channel's Dune series. They followed the story well enough but the production values were poor and ultimately, they produced a film that was, at times, laughable, not because of the plot, but because of the effects.

Mirror Mask is my case-in-point. It was interesting, but low in production value and because of that, I lost interest VERY quickly. I'd hate for The Power of the Dark Crystal to suffer the same fate.

J.M. Prater
  2. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Where did you find that new image of Kira? :confused:
  3. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

There have been a few images from the movie released over the past year... not sure when that one surfaced, but I've been seeing it on the PDC Muppet Wiki page for a few months now, I think. It's the press release photo with Jen and Kira.
  4. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

No that's another photo on WIKI.
    Maybe JMPrater has more inside information he doesn't want to share?
  5. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

That image was shown on the comic-con presentation on youtube.
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Ok, you're right, but the one on youtube is distorted and has text in it.
  7. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

I wish Henson/Genndy would actually release more imagery, this is monotonous.

J.M. Prater
  8. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Just a question, does anyone know whether or not the original voice actors will reprise their roles? On IMDb about two years ago, they were listed as doing so. Of course, Brian Henson was also listed as the director then.
  9. evilhopscotch

evilhopscotch New Member

There should be a big "POSSIBLE SPOILER" warning on this thread.

For serious.

If you know what's gonna happen in this movie, I don't wanna know beforehand. I like being surprised and coming to my conclusions.

(or maybe I'm just jealous that someone has the actual first draft of the script and I don't ;))
  10. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

I feel like it's time to see some tid bits from this new sequel. It's been a while since anything has been released officially.

How bout it Henson?
  11. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

news?

any news anyone? It's about time we something trickle down right?
  12. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

I just hope it's not done with too much CG effects. Not that I have anything against computer effects in general, but I would just like to see it match up with the original as far as the overall look and feel of the film. I still remember how excited I was to see the first film when I saw the movie poster as a kid. I am pretty excited about the sequel as well. I also hope it's not too similar to mirrormask. I liked the movie, but the effects weren't really my cup of tea. I much prefer puppets and live effects, rather than the computer stuff. I know the budget is a big issue, but they might as well do it right if they are going to do it.
  13. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

This isn't news, but here is an article with a link to Froud's conceptual drawings: http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1542247/10032006/story.jhtml

you need to scroll down in the article to where it says: "Click here to see Brian Froud's conceptual drawings..." and make sure you have disabled your popup blocker. Also, be patient when loading each pic.
  14. crazed gonzo fa

15. Verona

Verona New Member

Lazlo? Do you know which one of the Skeksis will come back?
  16. crazed gonzo fa

I heard the Garthim Master won't come back.
  17. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Only Skeksil, ( Chamberlain). :mad: