What celebs have you met?

BEAR

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Nice, this is a cool thread, HPDJ.
Well, Hulk Hogan accidently knocked me over when I was coming out of The Haunted Mansion at Disney World; I'd be surprised if anyone here knew who The Canadian Brass are, but I met them and had a great long discussion with one of my all time favorite trumpet players who was with them at the time named Jens Lenderman; I used to know Jason Mewes fairly well of Jay and Silent Bob fame (and thusly met Kevin Smith several times as well), and even had Jay over my house once; Also of Kevin Smith fame: Brian O'Hallaran (These are really C listers, I know!) who played Dante in "Clerks"; And finally; here I am with the Beastmaster: Marc Singer!

Bear; who's Joanna Gleason (Please pardon my ignorance!)?

Also; a fun game to play with the celebs you've met is The Six Degrees Of Jim Henson.
Joanna Gleason is probably much bigger in the world of theater than anything else. She won a tony award for playing the baker's wife in the original Broadway production of Into the Woods. She was also nominated for a tony last night for a play she was in.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Celebs I have met in person(at signings and whatnot):

-Mel Brooks
-Carl Reiner
-Davy Jones(The Monkees)
-Fran Drescher(The Nanny)
-Cal Ripken Jr.

That Announcer

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Celebs I have met in person(at signings and whatnot):

-Davy Jones(The Monkees)
Oh...... my..... God. You've met Davy Jones?

I'd KILL to meet Davy Jones. Lucky you!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Pretty impressive lists. I thought I remembered another thread like this one time, but I'm not sure. I've met:

Handyman Nedry and Mr. McFeeley from "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood"
Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) from "Star Trek"
the current members of the Irish Rovers
Don McLean
Paul Hill (songwriter)
ate luinch a couple tables away from Bill Christopher and Jamie Farr from "M*A*S*H" in Cracker Barrel
James Carville
Al Franken
Art Garfunkel :flirt:

I think a couple others too, but I can't think of any right now. There are a lot of people I want to write fan letters to, but I haven't written very many. Maybe this summer...
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
That Announcer said:

Awwww! :flirt: I agree, he's groovilicious. I have a Davey Jones bobble-head. :cool:
Erin

Vic Romano

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Joanna Gleason is probably much bigger in the world of theater than anything else. She won a tony award for playing the baker's wife in the original Broadway production of Into the Woods. She was also nominated for a tony last night for a play she was in.
Ah, thank you! Sorry I didn't know, I've only been to one Broadway play (Phantom) :embarrassed:
That Announcer said:

I know someone who met Mickey Dolans in a Men's room. He went to shake his hand and Mickey wasn't really thrilled to shake hands in a men's bathroom. My friend realized his folley and apologized.

I just remembered that I was waiting for a girl I was dating several years ago who was desperately trying to meet Gwen Steffani after a No Doubt concert we went to. She never got the chance, but while I waited down the street for her, this guy struck up a conversation with me and we had a fun time talking and joking around for over forty minutes. I really enjoyed talking to him and didn't realize until about an hour after we finally left I was talking with Tony Kanal the bass player.

BEAR

Reaction score
Gleason has also been in quite a few films too. Some fairly recent. She was in Mr. Holland's Opus. She played the clarinet player as an adult. Check imdb.com if you are interested in knowing more about her. She is brilliantly wonderful!

Convincing John

Reaction score
Well, there's only two I can think of right now...

I saw Weird Al Yankovic in concert, and I got to meet him after the show. I was so amazed, I couldn't speak, but he was really friendly and I even got an autograph! Here's a link to an earlier post of mine about it:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=185140&postcount=1

And...and, I'm not sure if this counts, but...Bill Cosby saw me!

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=17191

THAT was one of the most surprising things that ever happened to me. I'll never forget it!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Awwww! :flirt: I agree, he's groovilicious. I have a Davey Jones bobble-head. :cool:
Erin

I do think that Davy Jones is great, but he's not my favorite Monkee by a long shot. That honor is reserved for Mike Nesmith.

Oh, and I've got one that can top all yours. My aunt used to date Peter Tork!