What are your stories?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Its been a while, I need to update this...(I dont even remember what my last one said)

Name: Its a relatively common name and thats all I'm saying
Nicknames: Online its basically just Sarge but real world nicknames include Garth and Joey, neither of which I embrace as they are kinda negative in origin...I did have a friend whos mom insisted in calling me Ozzy though...
Age Group: Old enough to be in college
What brought me here: Well, I love the muppets. Isnt that why we are all here?
Favorite Muppet Songs: "Chilly Down"-Labyrinth, "Can You Picture That"-TMM
Favorite Muppets: Floyd (duh) and Uncle Deadly
Favorite Obscure Muppet Character: The pyramidhead guy playing bass in the Alice Cooper episode. I dont know his name
Anything Else: I have an obsession with dragons, werewolves, and the paranormal. I like subjecting myself to horror/comedy b-movies, and usually I enjoy them. I like to think that I can draw, but I really cant. My style is very cartoony. I fail at drawing stuff realistically. I love slasher movies and I have never been scared by a movie (unless you count IT, but I was 6 when I saw it...). People might lable me as "punk," but just because I sometimes wear a spikey wristband a bike chain necklace it doesnt mean anything XD. Music taste mainly focuses on classic rock, hair metal, and punk. I draw the line at grunge (I'd rather listen to Justin Beiber than Nirvana, thats how much I hate grunge). I like heavy metal to an extent. I dont like singers who either scream or grunt something that doesnt even sound like a real language, which stinks because I like the music itself, just singers ruin it...Anyway...I am a video game nerd. I tend to avoid MMOs or anything that eats up too much of my computers memory. I only recently got a PS3 (for christmas). Some of my favorite games are Kingdom Hearts 1, Fur Fighters, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, the Ratchet and Clank series, Brutal Legend, and Okami

Kiki

Reaction score
Gonna do another one of these. It's been a while aaaand... I don't want to do psych homework. It's holidays, it's just plain stupid. :stick_out_tongue:

Name: Katie is what most people call me, I guess.

Nicknames: I guess Katie/Kate/Kat are all nicknames, since my real name is actually Katherine. >.> Kiki is about as obscure as it gets, which was a nickname given to me by my folks when I was little. They still call me 'Kicks' every now and then. x3 <3

Age Group: Teenage dirtbag.

What brought me here: I have no idea how I discovered this site, and I've been lurching here since 05 (maybe 04 ><) and I can't remember, heh. Basically though, my love for anything Jim Henson-related. I joined in 06, so the forum had the joy of tolerating 13 year-old me. :stick_out_tongue:

Favorite Movie: Many. @__@ I have a list somewhere on the web. xP I'll try and narrow it down with names of faves from the top of my head: Almost Famous, Cinema Paradiso, Muppet Treasure Island, High Fidelity, anything Star wars related, Toy Story trilogy, Indiana Jones flicks (not gonna include the last one xP), Psycho, Misery, American Graffiti, Some Like It Hot, Vertigo, Aristocats, Amelie, ET, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, This Is Spinal Tap, A Streetcar Named Desire (great play to read, too), Young Frankenstein, Blade Runner, What's Up Doc? The Last Waltz, Frida, Smoke, Back To The Future trilogy and many more. :3

Favorite Muppet Songs: "Rainbow Connection", "Hey a Movie", "Simon Smith and His Amazing Dancing bear"... agh, I'm so original. xP But I do have quite a few, but more SSt songs. O_<

Favorite Obscure Muppet Character: Fast Eddie.

Anything Else: Hm. I am Australian (but I also have English, Welsh, German, Spanish, French and Irish blood in me ~**the more you know**~). Oh, and I love drawing (I draw cartoony things, not one for realism) and photography. :3 And tacky things. I like bad jokes, kustom kulture, zombies and these creatures called the muffets. Oh, and I love music! :3 I have too many favourite musicians to list, but my taste is pretty eclectic. I enjoy rock (in the broadest sense)/classic rock, progressive, psychedelic, punk, shoegaze, R&B (the GOOD stuff), blues, grunge, some pop, classical, metal, paisley underground (I just like using that term, to be honest xP), riot grrrl stuff, doo-wop, ska, new wave, alternative, motown, funk and jazz. :3 Basically everything with the exception of /some/ country (though on generally I don't mind it), /some/ rap (don't mind the early stuff, though I don't listen to it a lot) and /a lot/ of modern pop. And I also dislike a lot of modern R&B, too. xP Oh, and I like history. And creating art, in general. I'm willing to give any medium a shot.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know if I ever filled one of these out. Oh well.

Name: Kelly

No real nicknames.

Age Group: 30s.What brought me here: Forgot. Probably looking for Muppety fanfics. That's usually how I find a forum. I seem to recall joining for further info on the Fraggle movie.

Favorite movie: It'd be easier to determine favorite genres. I like scifi/fantasy, action, dark romances, thrillers, and comedies in that order of importance. Give me a story about a robot and I'm happy, LOL.

Fav Muppet Songs: What's the Name of That Song has always amused me, particularly Forgetful Jones' version. Anything the EM sings is God to me, LOL. I particularly enjoy GMC songs the most out of the movies.

Fav Obscure Muppet: Hmmm ... really got into Digit and Flash thanks to AnimatedC9000. On the other hand, I've kind of dug Large Marvin and Feeny ever since I got FR on DVD.

Pork

Reaction score
Haven't been here for a while either, time for a update... actually don't know if I ever posted in here or not... can't remember :stick_out_tongue:

Name:
Relatively common name, spelled with three n's :big_grin: haha
Nicknames: I get lots... Pork, Sweetums, Mokey, Poppet, Crumbcakes, ToxiLoxi, bucket-head, Elfie, and Grandma. that's all I can recall right now.
Age group: Older than I want to be at present.
What brought me here: I was researching an essay on Jim Henson and found it by acident :big_grin:
Favorite Muppet Songs: 'I'm going to go back there someday' from the Muppet Movie, is that what that song is called?
Favorite Muppets: Wembley, Boober, Cantus, Mokey, Kermit, Sweetums, Fozzie.
Anything Else: I often buy DVD's just for the special features. yup, I love making of's and directors commentaries :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
dang i feel old

Wow. Was just reading & skimming through back posts in this thread. I feel terrible for you highschoolers going through H**l because you're different. So before I give info stats, those of you who feel no one at your school understands you, know that I was in your shoes a long while ago (class of '89) and it sucked just as much then. I was lucky; I got into theatre and found some other neat folk who didn't fit in anywhere either, and so we made a "family" of sorts -- not unlike the atmosphere backstage at TMS! So chin up, guys and gals. Don't let the mundanes get you down with their pettiness and arbitrary discrimination! Trust me -- ten years from now, you'll be living your dreams because you believed in them, while the mundanes will be slaving and hating life. Dreams do sustain us.

So, stats:
What Brought Me Here: actually, I was cruising the Interwebs for fanfics about my favorite much-tormented journalist, and came across the "Battle of the Muppet Allstars" by Xerus and laughed my a** off. I gotta see who these peeps are, sez I...
Favorite Muppets: the Newsman (obviously), Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, Sam the Eagle, Statler and Waldorf, Pepe, Link Hogthrob, Uncle Deadly. As a kid growing up with Sesame St, I loved Oscar, Grover, and Cookie Monster
Favorite Obscure Muppet: hmmm...is Crazy Harry considered obscure enough?
Favorite Muppet Song: "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday". I sang it once while sitting on a tennis judge's chair, in the moonlight, while some of my friends were paired off below necking and I had no one.
Favorite Muppet Movie: The Great Muppet Caper. Best silliness, and I still walk around singing "Happiness Hotel"
Other: Varied, but it's gotta have a brain. I love "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" -- you younguns who don't know it, check Youtube. It was genius. Most of the folks from it are making "Cinematic Titanic" now. Like some horror and fantasy writers, notably China Mieville, Ray Bradbury, Neil Gaiman, Dan Simmons; also Jasper Fforde and Christopher Fowler for their zaniness. Music: alt metal, lots of 90s stuff, Berlioz and Philip Glass. Former theatre techie and lighting designer, just never went back for my MFA. Trying to get published currently.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I know I did one somewhere but I think I left out some of the questions when I did.
Name: Rather uncomion unisex Galec/Celtic name

What brought me here: Hope that I could find people who like Muppets and talking about them [duh] and information abou Richard Hunt.

Favorite Muppets: I have so many . . . Ernie, Bert, Don Music [oh goodness the memories associated with Don to many to count:wink:] Count, Grover, and Big Bird from Sesame Street. From Fraggle Rock: Ya know I really don't think there was a character in that show that wasn't my favorite but IF I really had to pick, Gobo, Cantus Wembley, Junior, Gunge, Philo, Red, Mokey, Boober, Matt and Feenie [I think that's how you spell it]. From The Muppet show, Scooter, Kermit, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzy, Beaker, All of the Electric Mayhem, Uncle Deadly, and Pepe [who I actually have a friend that reminds me of him SO funny]

Favorite Obscure Muppet: I'm not sure Don Music wasn't a major Muppet character and neither was Uncle D. so I'm not entirely sure.

Favorite Muppet Song: I have many: Let Me Be Your Song- F.R., Rainbow Connection -TMM, Saying Goodbye- TMTM, Sing a Song-S.S., Bless Us All- M.C.C.

Reasons: Let Me be Your Song reminds me of a teacher who I had in 7th grade who I loved.
Rainbow Connection: My mom used to sing it to me when I was sick when I was little.
Saying Goodbye reminds me of the eigth grade class I graduated with and my friend who goes to a different highschool. I play it when I miss her.
Sing a Song reminds me of when I was little and I used to watch the 25th anaversarry VHS so many times I almost ran the tape out.
Bless Us All reminds me of all the many people in my drama 'family' who I am very thankful for.
Favorite Muppet Movie: Muppets Christmas Carrol, not only is it dedicated to Jim and Richard but it is also my favorite story in all of literature. When Gonzo said to read the book I was about five and my mom got me this beatiful ink copy with illustrations and a built in book mark a few weeks before Christmas. We had gone to a little book shop near my house because there was an actual living inactment of A Christmas Carol going on there and I wanted to go. There on a little pedestal were 2 books The Nutcracker, which my sister wanted and A Christmas Carol which my mother and I were both pleading for. My father relented and we got both. My mother and I started to read the story and I could tell there were things changed in the film from the story but I was surprised and the accracy as well. Ever since then my mother and I pick a day and we sit on the sofa together to watch MCC and since then it has become my favorite. Because, I don't get a lot of time with my mom and this is the only time we get to spend together.

Other: This summer I physically dragged my brother into Muppets 3D because he was 'scared' and when he got in there he loved it. I was proud of myself because I had to hold him still until we got in there and that boy's kicks, he must have feet and legs of steal.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Name: Angela
Nickname: Angie, Linkie (MC), Bean (by daddy). :3
Age Group: Late-teen
What Brought You Here: I so luff the Muppets! Thus, Kiki told me about the forum. XPPP
Hobby: Sewing
Favorite Muppet: Link Hogthrob, I guess. =33
Favorite Things: The Muppets, daydreaming, nostalgic journeys...
Favorite Muppet Song: "Never before, never again." ~ Miss Piggy (TMM). :mad:
Favorite Muppet Movie: The Muppet Movie

outerelf

Reaction score
Realized that I haven't yet introduced myself :smile: So, here I go!

Name: ...let's stick to outerelf me being paranoid and all m'kay? :stick_out_tongue:
Nickname: 'elf is just fine with me.
Age-group: I feel like early teens, but I'm actually late teens
What brought you here: Fanfiction. It's my favorite part of anything I do, and I tend to crank out a lot of it.
Hobby: reading, anime, writing impossible pairing made possible...
Favorite Muppet: Rowlf, Robin, Rizzo (all R's so far) Grover, Gonzo, and the Swedish Chef.
Favorite things: Reading/writing fanfics, watching anime, and just lurking in general (I'll return to lurking as time goes on, right now the novelty of posting hasn't yet worn off)
Favorite Muppet Song: ...Oooh, hard one. Persoanlly, I like sad, slow, and nostalgic ones, so Robin's Leave Me Some Magic, Gonzo's I'm going Back There Someday, and stuff like that.
Favorite Muppet Movie: ... I'll admit, I haven't seen The Muppet Movie yet in its entirety, and I grew up on Muppet Christmas Carol, so yeah...

robodog

Reaction score
I'm here because even though I hated my childhood and wouldn't relive it if you paid me there are still a few things from said childhood I still love and the works of Jim Henson are one of them. Growing up I had big plans. I was going to create creatures for films for a living. Later on in junior high I decided I still wanted to create characters but I mostly wanted to create dog characters since I loved dogs so much and seemed to get more creative when I used them as characters. I had an entire universe worked out that I would draw comics about. Eventually I planned to do a bit of everything. Create these dog characters and bring them to life by various means. Everything from animatronics and puppetry to animation. I was going to school and study various things I thought would help. Art, electronics/robotics, puppetry, sculpture, a bit of everything. Then I got sick with severe depression and anxiety problems and realized I could never deal with a classroom situation. I get severe panic attacks if I ever find myself in such a situation or any situation where I'm forced to be somewhere I can't just walk away from. I got jury duty once and was dismissed almost immediately because I turned white and started freaking out. The second time I got Jury duty they had to rush me to the hospital because I just went nuts. My mom says she was terrified I was about to have a heart attack. That's when I finally started getting on medication. I'm actually on disability due to these problems. I can't work. I had a lot of big dreams that will never happen. I've learned to live with that. Now I basically sit around and collect various toy dogs and dream of better things.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
Name: I don't like posting my name on the internet much.
Nicknames: Duzell, Aub, Boober, Wembley, Hermann, more i can't even think of
Hobby: Playing video and computer games, right now Team Fortress 2 drawing, reading, tumblr, collecting 1/6 WWII figures, collecting MLPs, customizing mlps
What Brought Me Here: None of my friends really like muppet stuff that much, so I guess I joined to talk sometimes.
Favorite Muppets: Gonzo, Floyd, Kermit
Favorite Obscure Muppet: I'd say Beautiful Day Monster.
Favorite Muppet Song: The Rainbow Connection
Favorite Muppet Movie: The Great Muppet Caper.
Other: When I was younger I never spoke up for myself or anyone else, no matter how angry I was at something someone was saying or how ridiculous it was. Somewhere along the line I got tired of that and started to be very vocal whenever I could. I've been told I'm very good at making points and calling people on their malarkey. Sometimes I go overboard, but mostly due to my past of being abused verbally, mentally and emotionally. I know for a fact the only reason I escaped physical abuse was due to my size and strength. I have a lot of trouble trusting women due to that as all my abusers were female. It takes me a lot longer to make friends with women and trust them than with men. I hate people assuming things about me, it happens a lot, especially with my political view, so I get defensive often.

I had never really figured out what I wanted to do in life, because there was so much out there, and about 3 years ago that all started to be taken out of my hands. June 28th 2009 was when I had my first major seizure and I wasn't diagnosed until this year due to incompetent doctors. In this year I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, migraines, a grade 1 heart murmur and was found to have a pituitary cyst, which was removed by a wonderful surgeon by the name of Ekkehard Kasper (don't believe those baloney German Doctor stereotypes!). I still have many problems that aren't quite fully diagnosed yet and I'm in the process of applying for SSI. It's a bit of a blessing an a curse. I hadn't figured out what I wanted to really do in life and felt I was running out of time, but there was so much I would have liked to do and now can't. I used to write but after a particularly bad bout of abuse I found myself unable to and the overflowing well of ideas and inspiration I had before evaporated and can't even fill the time I have with that. So basically I live for my hobbies right now.

I still hope to get married and have kids some day, but I don't know if that will happen. For now I have my platonic life partner SSPirate and I'm happy with that for now.

Also thenewsman is right. MSTK3K WAS genius. And hang in there if you're being given crap at school. Don't change who you are for anybody. That's what I learned from Gonzo growing up experiencing the very same thing, what separates you from your peers now will make you friends in the future if you just be yourself, as cheesy as it sounds.