What a Doddle

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Anyone spot What a doddle puppets on Let Me Entertain You this afternoon (BBC2)?

They had muppet style puppets operated hands in front of face in a large, three person booth. The Elton John puppet looked good, but the puppetry was a little dodgy; the Bruce Forsyth puppet had especially bad lip sync and a live hand that punctuated every other syllable.

However they did quite well (it's a talent show) winning £200 and being 'gonged off' (as it were) after 2 minutes or so. The audience liked them, but I imagine they'd receive a very different response from an audience of puppeteers.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Of course they did well--everybody loves puppets. :big_grin: Wish I could have seen it.

CraftyDen

Reaction score
No, didn't get to see it... Apparently they came fifth out of the 5000 people that entered...that's pretty good, I'd say.

Punch'n'Judy

Reaction score
Well, 5th out of the acts shown in the programme, rather than all the acts that wanted to be in the show, which was considerably less (probably just under 100). Still very good, although perhaps this says more about the quality of the other competition than their puppetry...The baked bean man was a particular triumph!