Weird and Neat Facts about Yourself

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
On this thread post some interesting things about yourself. Wether it's something weird you like to do, something strange that happened to you, or something else along those lines. Here's one for me-

-This happened to me during the summer of 2005. During the I usually walk around bare foot and I got very used to this. One day my family and I went to Walmart. But it wasn't until we were right at the store that I realized something: I had forgotten my shoes! So I waited in the lobby while my dad went and bought me some flip-flops which were given to my brother afterwards because he needed flip-flops. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I remember something very funny that happened in year 8 history lesson at High School once.
It was the last lesson of the day and we were learning all about the history of the monks living inside their monasteries. Everything went smoothly until the teacher put the question to us "What did the monks eat?"
This was back in the days when there was a KFC ad on Australian television in which a monk rode out to the local KFC restaurant on his bicycle and bought take-away for all the other brothers in the monastery.
So one of the other boys said "Well it shows on the television that the monks ate Kentucky Fried Chicken."
Then two other boys started debating with him saying things such as "Did they prefer the pieces or the burgers?" and "Maybe sometimes they even sent out for a pizza just for a change."
Naturally the rest of us were all laughing our heads off until the teacher said to them "Okay you three. Get out!"
So they stayed outside for the rest of the lesson while we all started talking seriously about how the monks grew their own vegetables in the monastery grounds.
After we left the teacher called those boys back in again. I was one of the last to leave and I overheard him start to say to them that as soon as he had evicted them the general atmosphere of the class improved greatly.
I can imagine what the rest of his lecture must have been like. :smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Wow, the nerve of some people! Middle school can be very entertaining, no?
Well, speaking of shoes, I had something embarassing happen to me along simular lines. A couple of years ago, I was working at a camp for the handicapped. There was a strict policy that workers were not allowed to ware open-toed shoes, as there were several campers in wheelchairs.Anyway, I had just come off break, and was headed to serve the campers dinner, having purposely skipped my own. You'd think with the extra time I gave myself, I would have had time to check myself. Well, about half-way to the dining hall, I noticed I was waring my casual sandles. Of course, in true form, I was running the risk of being late, so I couldn't turn back. Then, to upset the situation further in my mind, I ran into another councelor, but she didn't seem to notice. Oh, and did I mention it was pouring rain?

F

furryredmonster

crazed gonzo fa said:
On this thread post some interesting things about yourself. Wether it's something weird you like to do, something strange that happened to you, or something else along those lines. Here's one for me-

-This happened to me during the summer of 2005. During the I usually walk around bare foot and I got very used to this. One day my family and I went to Walmart. But it wasn't until we were right at the store that I realized something: I had forgotten my shoes! So I waited in the lobby while my dad went and bought me some flip-flops which were given to my brother afterwards because he needed flip-flops. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
lol I'm the same way. I did that same thing going to the library. I just wasn't allowed in. And I also did the same thing in gym class. I just forgot to put on shoes. Luckily, the teacher was the only one that didn't notice it so i just ran around barefoot. hehe Us Indiana folk must not like shoes or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also wished that Filmtel added laugh tracks to ALL episodes of Rocky and Bullwinkle in syndication.

RedDragon

Reaction score
It's not an uncommon thing...it just weirds people out

Here's a pic

The left one looks completely brown, but it's not...it's checked brown, blue, brown, blue