Weird Al's parents...

McFraggle

Reaction score
Yeah that is a good message. I think they were also on Al's "Behind the Music" and they just seemed like really nice and genuinely good people. So many times parents of celebrities have a chip on their shoulder, but these two didn't seem to. It is a shame that something like this had to happen to them, but as Al said at least they didn't have to suffer.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Best wishes for Al...

Sigh, what sad news about Weird Al. :sympathy:
I enjoyed his music for years. A great inspiration!
What a great artist! One of my fave movies is UHF. :big_grin:
I was feeling so happy for him recently, finding out that he had a wife and baby!
Then this news of his parents is just heart breaking!
I wish the best for him and his family in this time of sorrow.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
wow....reading that, I don't know where he finds his strength.....I've read reports about that night's concert, and people thought he couldn't have known, because he was as happy and full of energy as he ever was. I've always had a great respect for him, but now.......he just seems like a personal hero. Go Al!

I'm so glad he has Suzanne and Nina there for support. I think they help him more than they know.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Kudos to Weird Al for wanting the show(s) to go on. He's got a lot of inner strength and courage to be able to go out there and still have fun with the fans despite sufering a very tough and brutal loss. I'm sure his parents would've wanted him to keep the tour going. I also remember seeing his parents interviewed on a couple of specials, and they seemed like warm, down-to-earth people. My thoughts and prayers go out to Al and his family.

OI MuppetFan