Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Okayyy, Just Got Done Seeing The Trailer Of Turbo
THAT HAD TO BE THE MOST STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN

Drtooth

Reaction score
This wouldn't be the first time. Remember, the Doug movie was supposed to be DTV. Some of the crummy cheapquels too.

But it's got an August release date. After the Smurfs too. I don't see it really doing all that well until it hits DVD anyway. It really doesn't seem like that interesting a film, though. There's nothing there that they haven't said in Cars. This isn't even Pixar related (other than Lassiter's input, but he inputs ALL of Disney's animated movies).

I hope the big Mickey and Co animated movie is still happening. Hopefully they can give Oswald a role in it.

An Epic Mickey style movie... that would be all sorts of Awesome. And I'm not fond of the word awesome.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Oh no. You're kidding me right? The stupid movie Cars's even stupider spin-off is gonna be on the big screen?!

I can't see that being succesful. Big mistake Disney. Big mistake.
Wait? So it's coming out the same time as the Lone Ranger and Monsters University, that makes it even worse. No one is going to go to Planes if M.U. is playing in at the same time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't see that being succesful. Big mistake Disney. Big mistake.
Wait? So it's coming out the same time as the Lone Ranger and Monsters University, that makes it even worse. No one is going to go to Planes if M.U. is playing in at the same time.

August. The movie is no where near any of the supposed blockbusters, and Disney does annually release a movie in August. They're the end of summer type films that have a low budget so they make some money back even if the film isn't too successful. The next Muppet film almost got that slot, too. It isn't too big a deal. They were going to release it directly to DVD anyway, so a short, off season run in theaters shouldn't be out of the question.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
It's Not Out Until April 2013 But, Anyone Excited For Oblivion
I Know I Am, One Of My Most Antipated Films Of 2013
But My Flaws, WHY DOES TOM CRUISE ALWAYS PLAY A GUY THAT'S NAMED JACK