Watching TMS on the computer

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for that information, Fish'n'wolfe, you certainly do know what you are talking about!
I am using a program called PowerDVD, but I also have a program called InterActual, which I have not tried viewing TMS on yet.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
You're welcome. :smile: Try viewing the DVD's with InterActual and see if you get the same result. I can't play the TMS DVD's on my Mac, they're apparently in DVD+ format and my Mac only reads DVD-, otherwise I would play around to see if I could see the hidden parts of the picture.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Woah; that's really cool! I can't wait to try that!

anathema

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
You're welcome. :smile: Try viewing the DVD's with InterActual and see if you get the same result. I can't play the TMS DVD's on my Mac, they're apparently in DVD+ format and my Mac only reads DVD-, otherwise I would play around to see if I could see the hidden parts of the picture.
Um...DVD+ and DVD- are recordable formats. I seriously doubt that Disney are running off commercial releases with a DVD burner ;-) If your Mac cannot play the TMS discs, there is something wrong.

anathema

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
So, are most productions shot in 1.33:1, 1.37:1 or 1.66:1?
Most archive TV is 1.33:1 (aka 4:3). Really old stuff is 1.25:1 (5:4) as this was the shape of the original TV tubes. Both ratios are derived from film formats.

Modern 35 and 16mm film is 1.37:1, although in the case of 35mm this is often soft- or hard-matted down to 1.66:1 or 1.85:1 (one's the European standard, the other's the US standard), or to one of the seriously wide formats such as 2.1:1, 2.35:1, etc. Alternatively, an anamoprhic lens is used to compress the 1.85:1 image horizontally to fit into the 1.37:1 frame; a similar lens is used in the projector to expand it out again.

Widescreen video is 1.78:1 (16:9).

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
anathema said:
Um...DVD+ and DVD- are recordable formats. I seriously doubt that Disney are running off commercial releases with a DVD burner ;-) If your Mac cannot play the TMS discs, there is something wrong.
There's nothing wrong, I checked and all my other DVD's play fine in my player. My Time Life TMS discs play fine. There's something in the encoding of the Disney TMS discs that is causing them not to work in my drive.

anathema

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
There's nothing wrong, I checked and all my other DVD's play fine in my player. My Time Life TMS discs play fine. There's something in the encoding of the Disney TMS discs that is causing them not to work in my drive.
That's very fishy. Is the computer able to read the discs at all?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I checked with the InterActual player, the same episode and everything, and yes it still does this. It's quite distracting. You see a whole lot of George's sock (his costume stops just after the belt) and you still see the curly hair. ^_^ How awkward.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
anathema said:
That's very fishy. Is the computer able to read the discs at all?
I know, it is. All my other DVD's work fine, except for some DVD+R's I got in a trade. No it isn't able to, I have a slot loading drive and when I put one of the discs in it just spins in there a minute and then my comp. ejects it.

MrsPepper said:
I checked with the InterActual player, the same episode and everything, and yes it still does this. It's quite distracting. You see a whole lot of George's sock (his costume stops just after the belt) and you still see the curly hair. ^_^ How awkward.
LoL, too funny. I actually get a kick out of seeing that stuff, it's fun. And of course you can always playback the DVD through a regular DVD player hooked to a TV if you don't want to see it.

anathema

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I know, it is. All my other DVD's work fine, except for some DVD+R's I got in a trade. No it isn't able to, I have a slot loading drive and when I put one of the discs in it just spins in there a minute and then my comp. ejects it.
Ker-ching :smile: Slot-loaders are notoriously unreliable :-(