VMX and KSY nominated for Emmys

Drtooth

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Music and Lyrics: ``The Concert for World Children's Day,'' Song Title: ``Aren't They All Our Children,'' ABC; ``The Fairly OddParents: Love Struck,'' Song Title: ``What Girls Love,'' Nickelodeon; ``The Fairly OddParents: Love Struck,'' Song Title: ``It's Great to Be a Guy,'' Nickelodeon; ``It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie,'' Song Title: ``Everyone Matters,'' NBC; ``The Simpsons: Dude, Where's My Ranch,'' Song Title: ``Everybody Hates Ned Flanders,'' Fox.

Children's Program: ``Kermit's Swamp Years,'' STARZ!; ``Lizzie McGuire,'' Disney; ``Nick News Special Edition: My Family Is Different,'' Nickelodeon; ``Nick News Special Edition: The Iraq Question: American Kids Talk About War,'' Nickelodeon; ``Through a Child's Eyes: September 11, 2001,'' HBO.
Well, as far as I can tell, the Muppets have strong, unbeatable competition in the Children's Programme stuff. Especially with the overhyped Dizzy McMire, and the Iraqi, Spet 11 stuff...

As for the song, it will go to the sappy manipulative Aren't they all Children. But Fairly Oddparents getting 2 nominations for THE SAME EPISODE?!?!?!? Some guy rips off the design for Powerpuff Girls and Dexter, and he's supposed to get a reward?!?!?!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Well, here's my opinion, and I hope I don't get linched (sp?) for this but, KSY was OK but don't deserve anything. As for the VMX song, well, I thought it was the corniest part of the whole movie (for reasons beyond me), but I've only heard the Simpsons song, but don't remember it. So good luck.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well I think it's going to be between everyone matters and everyone's children, but everyone's children made me wanna gag....it was too far off the 'nice' scale and went into the 'sickening' scale.

Drtooth

Reaction score
matleo said:
nah, I think the Best award children's program will go to "nick news Special edition: American kikds talk about war" the Academy eats up stuff like that. they love it!!
Eat it up like ice cream !

Everyone knows that dramatic serious stuff is preprogramed to be better than comedy...

Sorry, us in the business of comedy really can't stand this stuff.

Lizzy sucks! Don't understand her popularity, don't understand why they can't try something original than a warmed over Blossom (the TV show, not the Powerpuff girl) with a lame animated "Herman's Head esque" confession... yuck.

But I haven't seen KSy yet.. I doubt it would win. But it deserves it more than little miss "Tween" target audiences...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
As this weekend's Creative Arts Emmys, "Everyone Matters" lost to "Aren't They All Our Children?" and KSY lost to "Through A Child's Eyes: September 11, 2001."

Drtooth

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
As this weekend's Creative Arts Emmys, "Everyone Matters" lost to "Aren't They All Our Children?" and KSY lost to "Through A Child's Eyes: September 11, 2001."

I knew it... "Aren't they all our children..." great! One of those Pap songs... I mean, Everyone Matters isn't the best song, but jeezz... beat some saccarine sweet fauxpeace song anyday....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
:mad: I was lobbying hard for EM....garrr! It does beat all the children (or whatever) that song was overproduced, and hearing songs like that just irk me.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
AVMMC should win for Everyone Matters. That was a great original song and was really emotional. It totally brings the whole story together.

KSY should not win, but if it did it would be cool. The reason I didn't like it was because I was expecting so much more than what we got. And I think we should expect more. The muppets are much better than what KSY gave us. I was expecting something similar to TMM because it was said KSY was a sequel, so I expected to see a movie about Kermit's youth with sprinklings of Muppet cameos through out.

I mean, how hard could it have been to cut to a shot of a baby Piggy in a pink dress sitiing in a puddle of mud when Kermit was at the farm? He didn't have to see her, but I think the audience did. Same could have gone for baby Lew flishing in Kermit's swamp, baby Rowlf at the pet shop, baby Fozzie sitting by the side of the rode selling jokes, baby Scooter and Skeeter with their uncle who happened to own the same theater Kermit went into, and so on. So much was missing, and don't even get me started on the bad human acting.

But I'm ranting here. Let's hope the muppets win it all!
Those ideas for Kermit's swamp years are so cool. I agree - I would have enjoyed the movie much more if Muppet Baby cameos were added in. They should make a special edition Kermit's Swamp Years with those changes. :smile: