Viewers want Muppet Show back on TV

unclematt

Reaction score
Whatever happened to that French Muppet Show

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I for one would love to see new Muppet Shows, but would settle for repeats.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Found another article about TV comeback survey.....

Fawlty Towers has topped a survey of past shows Britons would love to see return to TV in 2013.

John Cleese's classic BBC sitcom, which aired for only two series in 1975 and 1979, led the poll commissioned by Freeview, scoring 29% of the votes.

The survey of 2,000 TV viewers was launched after the successful 2012 return of US soap Dallas on Channel 5 and a comeback for Surprise, Surprise on ITV1.

Head of communications at Freeview Sara Jones, said: "The results of this research highlight the nation's love of timeless British comedy classics.

"As the cold nights draw in, Freeview customers can continue to enjoy their favourite TV shows, both old and new, subscription-free."

The full top ten most-wanted TV comebacks were as follows:
1. Fawlty Towers
2. One Foot in the Grave
3. The Muppet Show
4. The Good Life
5. The A-Team
6. Birds of a Feather
7. Dad's Army
8. The Bill
9. The Office
10. The Generation Game

Last June, Fawlty Towers was named the second-best ever British TV show, with Blackadder taking the top spot.

source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a448151/fawlty-towers-tops-tv-comeback-survey.html

muppetperson

Reaction score
Wow, you broke your own thread after 4 years!!:big_grin:
Sad that nothing has happened and that it has come
down a few places, but good that it is still holding top 5.

Pianogirl

Reaction score
I would love to see "The Muppet Show" revived but only if it was well done, and not tailored to fit todays society, just as they've done with some other revivals. I want the muppets singing, dancing, and running gags, not the muppets dating (Kermit and Piggy excluded)and compaining about their friends. I would be better if they simply showed reruns if tehy weren't going to have people who really care about the muppets behind the cameras and curtains.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is The Office on that list when it JUST ended?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Because it's a British survey and their version (the original) of The Office stopped production in 2003.