Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Air Date

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire
I thought the first two Brady Bunch movies were pretty funny, too, although this one sounds kind of questionable (although at least some of the same cast is returning for it). Details for the curious can be found at:

http://www.bradyworld.com/movie/premise.htm

Anyway, I plan to give the Muppet movie higher priority and TiVo it, and relegate the Brady Bunch movie to the VCR. :smile:

--Scott
"Mom, there's a Brady in our yard!"

One of the great lines of our time. :big_grin:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Just wanted to confirm that the Christmas movie is indeed airing on Friday November 29th. The December 8th date was in place when the Ladies Home Journal went to press, but it's recently been changed to Friday November 29th according to some folks at Henson.

In other words, it's in The Timeslot of Death.

On the other hand, if people are in the mood for such a thing (and nostalgia is VERY big just now), it could do quite well.

We'll see. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by smcguire

Anyway, I plan to give the Muppet movie higher priority and TiVo it, and relegate the Brady Bunch movie to the VCR.
Man, if I want to see phoney, fabricated goofy characters with fake smiles plastered on, I'll take the muppets. Even when no one performs them they are more entertaining!

If the Bradies do better than the Muppets, Henson is in even furtheer Deep Doo Doo!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about the new timeslot. They could have moved it because Friday night is such a low-rated night. That wouldn't be good. On the other hand, it will be coming at the end of November sweeps, so there could be a lot of promotion leading up to it. It'll also be the day after the Thanksgiving parade, so people should remember if the NBC announcers mention as the Kermit balloon goes by that the movie is airing the very next night!

For those who are worried that Friday night is a death timeslot for the Muppets, keep in mind that while JHH and MT started on Fridays, they moved to Sundays to finally die. So being on Sundays isn't necessarily the best place for them either. It could be that they changed the night because of something Disney planned to air on ABC that night. Maybe the Muppets need a night with relatively low competition right now. (I am worried, though, about the Brady movie appealing to the same crowd.)

And for those who are still concerned about Nov. 29 being too early in the season, remember that most studios roll out their Christmas videos at the beginning of November. VeggieTales Christmas and Beauty and the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas are both available now and have been heavily advertised. Heck, MCC was originally released on video on Oct. 8! This is a fairly common practice, so it can't be hurting sales.

Anyway, we'll see what happens, I guess. Everyone mark your calendars!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll be going on a road trip to the coast for a cruise beginning on Sunday (Yep, Muley's going!), and won't get to see it...well, I suppose I can set the VCR.

Somebody got my back in case I can't get a VCR before then?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lets think about it:

Sunday: Bad. Competition from Fox's Sunday line up and ABC's Disney programming.

Monday: Not really good. It will be beaten by Raymond. Alley Mc Beal was beaten, and abbruptly canned.

Tuesday: BETTER THE #$%^ NOT BE!!! I have a late class that night! Besides, 24 will clobber them!

Wednesday: Naaaahhh I don't think so!

Thursday: A Thanksgiving audence would be good, but you have too many sports crazy relatives forcing you to watch Foorball

Friday: Not too bad

Saturday: FORGET IT!!!

juliette

Reaction score
It'll be a delightful antidote to the big event earlier on Friday in this state, the Texas-A&M football game. That's assuming that the Aggies know how to change the channel, of course.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Foz: I am planning on recording it, so maybe we can arrange a trade. Otherwise, the word is that NBC will have it available for sale on VHS and DVD.

Dr. Tooth: So basically, no day of the week is good? Maybe we need to invent a day of the week for it to air. "The Muppet Christmas movie will now air on Fieselday." ;-) Actually, though I like 24, I hear it hasn't been doing all that well in the ratings. Monday nights are usually decent nights for movies, but I wouldn't want it up against football.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
Foz: I am planning on recording it, so maybe we can arrange a trade. Otherwise, the word is that NBC will have it available for sale on VHS and DVD.
*sheepishly*
Oh, yeah...I read that earlier, heh heh...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
The Muppet Christmas movie will now air on Fieselday."
Nah! I'm going out to see the Fiesels! (I watch the Cosby Show too)

Friday and Thanksgiving Thursday seem like the best times!