Very Brief Cameos: Your Picks for the New Muppet Movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Seeing that the new Muppet film will likely include the traditional movie star cameos I was wondering who forum members would choose and who'd they like to skip, of course. All top stars would lend credibility in very brief cameos, but not all top stars would be my personal choice.

:halo: Choose: Frank Oz (it's a longshot, but I'd like to see him at least tip his hat to the new film)

:smirk: Skip: Jim Carrey (popular choice, but I don't care for him)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Perhaps this is kind of an odd choice, but...

:flirt: Choose: Amy Adams. She's kinda new, but she's really, really good! I like her work so far. I think she'd be great with the Muppets.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Choose: Jon Voight (Yes, he's annoying, and he's appeared in every movie ever made...but on the other hand, he's annoying and has appeared in every movie ever made! And is the kind of guy who would just make a cameo, and make it memorable (since he's the only thing I remember from Gili...)

Skip: Will Ferrel (Sorry, just can't take him...)

Drtooth

Reaction score
:smirk: Skip: Jim Carrey (popular choice, but I don't care for him)

Yeah. Much as I liked his early films (the Mask and both Ace Venturas especially) as well as his old In Living Color sketches, he wouldn't work that well with the Muppets. Did like him on Sesame Street, but I'll agree with what he said. His sketch was pretty much made for Steve Martin....

So who I'd like to see:

Charles Grodin- pretty obvious, and the writers wanted him too.

"Weird Al" Yankovic- it's a crime of epic proportions that they never worked together at all. Even if he had one of the breif one or two line cameos he had in the Naked Gun Films, I wanna see it.

That guy that plays Dwight Schrute on the office. I keep forgetting his name, but I could see him as some sort of no nonsense bureaucrat that's so obsessed with order, he winds up screwing things up in a disorderly fashion (similar to Hermes in Futurama).

And while we're on the Office, I'd also like to see Ricky Gervaise get something. After all, he did mention the muppets several times in one episode of the British series. And I think the one time he wrote a script for the US co-production there was a muppet reference in it. You know, I could even see him as the villain of the piece.

Steve Martin- I'd love to see a scene where he talks about being an artist with Gonzo, and not wanting to go back into the old comedic routines.

I wouldn't mind Steve Carell (Office again) either. He's just in everything, so it wouldn't be half as special as it was when he was a bit player.

For ones I DON'T WANT TO SEE:

Andy Samburg- Sorry... I can never find this guy funny. He just seems to be lucky no one has made the connection between him and the Napoleon Dynamite movie he clearly borrows cues from. I do appreciate that he actually played the Chef on an SNL skit,. but I'm sure any one of us could have done better.

Cuba Gooding Jr. God, this guy still gets work because...?

Jerry Springer. Should be self explanitory.

Ashton Kutcher- Liked him on that 70's show... hate him in every other aspect of his career.

And lastly... Jim Belushi- I don't know why I have a problem with him (mainly his sitcom) but I have a problem with him. he's probably a nice guy and everything, but ... ewwww.... no...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Weird Al Yankovic is deffinitely on my list!

Choose: Steve Martin. Yes, he was in The Muppet Movie, but I'd still like to see him work with the Muppets again.

Choose: Bernadette Peters. I love her with the Muppets, it'd be cool if she could be in a Muppet movie, too. She's really talented, I think she could do pretty much anything.

Choose: Dick Van Dyke. He's one of my favorite actors, and I think he was awesome hosting The Muppets Go Hollywood. He's still doing movies, he's still a big star, so, maybe? (He's also my choice to play Doc if for some reason Gerry Parkes can't)

Choose: Christopher Walken. I just like him. He cracks me up sometimes.

Choose: Jerry Stiller as Fozzie's Uncle. For some reason, I've just always pictured him playing the uncle that left Fozzie the Studebaker.

Choose: Gene Hackman. He's such a good actor, and probably one of those A-listers who actually earned the right to be on the A-list.

Skip: Jon Voight. Sorry, Beau, I just don't like him. Though, a lot of other people like him enough that if he were in it, it wouldn't bother me.

Sorry, my list is long. I have several other choices, too, though. :stick_out_tongue:

Jeepers, I just realized my list is pretty "old school", too. Though, I think everyone on here is still pretty much relevant.

And while we're on the Office, I'd also like to see Ricky Gervaise get something. After all, he did mention the muppets several times in one episode of the British series. And I think the one time he wrote a script for the US co-production there was a muppet reference in it. You know, I could even see him as the villain of the piece.
Ricky Gervaise (or however it's spelled) as the villain? That's just brilliant!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Skip: Any Sports or Reality Television "Stars". Maybe it's because I'm not fond of either televised sports or reality television, but I just find cameos like that so tacky!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I love it! I can really see that. :embarrassed:
Yeah, I always thought he'd be perfect for the part (if said part were to exist). I started on a story quite a while ago that would have been a Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo story. At one point, toward the beginning, Fozzie needs to see his uncle about something. I can't remember what it was, but, I wrote the scene with Jerry Stiller specifically in mind.

Choose: Dan Aykroyd. A few reasons behind this: One, I like Dan Aykryod. Two, other than Garret Morris, he's the only original Saturday Night Live cast member without a page on Muppet Wiki. :stick_out_tongue:

:cool: Maybe the Muppets could meet the Blues Brothers (Dan Aykroyd and John Goodman)? Maybe a TV special would be a better place for something like that, though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Choose:
Steve Carell - Definitely one of the funniest people around nowadays--I think he'd be AWESOME with the Muppets, even briefly.
Robin Williams - Would make my dream come true. :stick_out_tongue:
Jon Stewart - He's done work with the Muppets before, let's get him back in the action!
Jerry Seinfeld - Hilarious, couldn't you just see Fozzie idolizing one of his routines?
Johnny Depp - I have no idea what he could do, but I'm sure he and Gonzo could find something to talk about.
Whoopi Goldberg - Who DOESN'T like her?
Amy Sedaris or Tina Fey (or both) - They just need to be in more things.
Patrick Stewart - He's just incredibly awesome.
Robert Downey Jr. - He's also just incredibly awesome.
Cameron Diaz - Very pretty, very funny, very good choice to work with the Muppets.
Queen Latifah - She's just plan awesome and does very well with the Muppets. I'd love to see a duet with her and Piggy, but we're talking cameos.
Emeril Lagase - Where did the Swedish Chef get off to when the Muppets split...? Can you say assistant to the Bam man himself? :hungry:
Phyllis Diller - I don't care how old she us, I love her! And I especially love her with the Muppets!
Joan Cusack - Who DOESN'T wanna see her role as Mrs. Bitterman revived?
Charles Grodin - Duh.
Elmo (or any other Sesame Street character) - Please?
Frank Oz - Can you say, "Miss Piggy's limo driver"? Would quite possibly be the coolest thing to happen to anything ever.

Skip:
Halle Berry - No specific reason, I just can't see her working with the Muppets.
Any Sports or Reality Television "stars" - Had to steal it from Super Scoot because it's just SO true.
Mike Myers - Too much of him lately.
Zac Efron - Please... just... no.
Shia LaBuff - This could easily be changed if it's a thoughtful cameo, I just couldn't think of one right now.
Lindsay Lohan - I HIGHLY doubt it would happen, just thought I'd bring it up.
Renee Zelwegger - She just really bothers me.
Nicholas Cage - A fine actor, I just don't see him mixing with the Muppets well.
Samuel L. Jackson - Unless he's poking fun at himself. :wink:
Ray Liotta - Talk about tacky.
Hulk Hogan (or any other wrestler for that matter) - I say, if they've been reduced to reality T.V., they're not worthy of this movie.
Ashanti - Let's just never see her again, okay?
Any of the Osbourne family - Same as above.

Phew... sorry that was so long guys.

peyjenk

Reaction score
I'm all for big name actors with talent and some degree of elegance (think previous Muppet movie cameos by Mel Brooks, Joan Rivers, Bob Hope, Peter Ustinov).

I'm all against C-list actors with little to no talent and no poise, who appear on "celebrity" editions of reality TV shows because they can't get real work (think previous Muppet movie cameos by Kelly Ripa, Rob Schneider, Kathy Griffin).

Bring on Julie Andrews!