Useless (but still interesting) Muppet trivia!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
giovannii said:
Gonzo may be bisexual.

In the Leslie Uggams episode, he is singing to Camilla, however falls for Big Bird when he sees him walk past.

This is assuming Big Bird is male. I'm assuming he is seeing Caroll Spinney is male and also he sings "Love Will Keep Us Together" with Leslie Uggams.
Even though Big Bird is male, I wouldn't read too much into Gonzo's crush on him. Gonzo probably didn't know he was male.

And when he was auditioning a new act during the Steve Martin episode(I think that was the one), he was dancing with a female cheese, as he told Kermit: "Of course it's a female. You think I would dance with a male cheese? That'd be weird." Or words to that effect.

Then again, he did seem a little affectionate to Kermit when he volunteered to be his dancing partner during the dance marathon for the Carol Burnett episode.

So at best, I would consider Gonzo to be "questioning".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Um- I don't think you should read too much at all into Muppets! Come on- it's a children's show (primarily)- Gonzo is NOT bisexual. :concern:

unclematt

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Um- I don't think you should read too much at all into Muppets! Come on- it's a children's show (primarily)- Gonzo is NOT bisexual. :concern:
I am sorry but I am going to start this again. The Muppet Show was not a Children's Show. It was a Show that kids had a certain attraction to. With alot of the humor on the Muppet Show, it was not and can not be classified as a Children's Show.

Tim

Reaction score
We're getting off-topic, but when Kermit and Fozzie were on the "Tonight" show back in '76 promoting their (then) new series, Johnny specifically asked them "Is this a childrens' show?", Kermit kidded "No, it's for frogs." then quickly explained "It's for families."

The anphibian speaks.

BEAR

Reaction score
giovannii said:
Gonzo may be bisexual.

In the Leslie Uggams episode, he is singing to Camilla, however falls for Big Bird when he sees him walk past.

This is assuming Big Bird is male. I'm assuming he is seeing Caroll Spinney is male
But in that episode, how does he know immediately if Big Bird is a male? And what would Carol Spinney have to do with it? Carroll Spinney isn't there. Big Bird is.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Exactly BEAR, Frank Oz played Miss Piggy, does that make Miss Piggy a male? :smirk:

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
Yeah, but BB has been referred to as he in Sesame Street material like beneath the pavement.

G-MAN

Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything, Carol Spinney is also a he.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Here's some interesting Muppets trivia- this may be fairly obvious, but Sesame Street is one of the longest, if not the longest running television show ever? (I'm not sure if some of the news or soap operas might beat it out, so I hesitate to say the longest) But Sesame Street is running on 37 years now- beating out such milestones and classics as Doctor Who (26 years- I guess you can add a year or two now with the new series), Gunsmoke (20 years), Bonanza (14 years) and junk like The Simpsons (running on 17 years- I can't believe this has run longer than a classic series like Bonanza!):attitude:

So- Sesame Street is definitely near to or at the top for longevity in TV shows!!!
Yeah, I like making lists, I have a list of the casts of shows that I like (or even sort of like), Out of the 98 shows currently on my list, Sesame Street is the longest currently running show, the only other show on my list that has a regular cast that comes close to that is the simpsons. There's also SNL since 1975, but they change the cast all the time and America's Funniest Home Videos and All they need is a host, and there's been 4 since it started.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well let me talk about two different things since that's what seemed to have happened in this thread.

Frist off, Gonzo being bisexual, ok you're talking about a character that falls for chickens most of the time. Other than Miss. Piggy and a few other guests. Plus to be honset, with the whole having a crush on Big Brid thing, I would be more worried about the fact that Big Brid is suppoesed to be a little boy about six or so over him being a male :concern: . But let's not read into that much into the whole thing, it was just a little joke on that episode of the Muppet Show.

Now back to the useless trivia thing. When Kermit was frist made, he wasn't thought of as a frog at all, he was known as a Lizard like creature. :smile: