Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

beaker

Reaction score
I suppose Johnny Fiama is so close to my heart because of my heavy involvement in his action figure. We got his likeness down so good that it was one of Palisades' best (if I do say so myself). :wink: However, I understand why you don't like him. To me he is the Fozzie Bear of lounge singers. To you he's an ethnic stereotype. I think he's transcended that for the most part, but sometimes the writers keep "dragging him back in!" :big_grin: I had to say that. He he.
People can say every Muppet is an "ethnic" stereotype. "Clifford is too sterotypically black". "Statler and Waldorf are a stereotype of golden year white guys", etc.

I agree Johnny Fiama is one of those who has in my mind endured the post Muppets Tonight era(unlike...say bubbles and poodlepants) I'm glad you had so much involvement in the Fiama figure. It's just a shame Sal never got made.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But Jim/Frank/Jerry/etc's main characters have never left the spotlight. Pepe is the only post JH character who has been feature prominently; and he compliments them. He's not like Elmo, who has taken over the street'.
Well I would argue the Muppets in general have somewhat left the spotlight, unfortunately. But I agree Pepe has not taken over the show (as I said earlier). :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People can say every Muppet is an "ethnic" stereotype. "Clifford is too sterotypically black". "Statler and Waldorf are a stereotype of golden year white guys", etc.
Again I'm not against harmless stereotypes per se. Just that the Italians ones can get very nasty and are rarely commented on (while other stereotypes are frowned upon).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
People hate Elmo because since 1996 it's been a sickening over saturation. My goodness, could you imagine if Telly was given even a 20th the time/merch/love Elmo is given? There's times where I just pretend Elmo isn't even part of Sesame/Muppet canon. Im glad for how much money he's brought into Sesame workshop, and for how much success he's brought to such an insanely talented performer as Kevin Clash. But goodness gracious, Elmo has just been way too nauseatingly ubiquitous for well over a decade.
I don't feal that way.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I did want to point out, that thing about Animal in anger management rehab sounds like something right out of Family Guy or Robot Chicken (in a good way) Lol.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Oh My God!

This script review is fantastic! If it is true, it may possibly be one of the most awesome movies ever!

KERMIT IS IN LOVE WITH PIGGY!

nicky holiday comes back

awesome cameos and references to the other movies

another muppet musical with tons of parodies

and did I mention

I am so friggin excited! I really hope we get to see this movie; the whole review sounded like a dream come true; finally a movie where the muppets don't seem completely kiddie and wussed out and kermit hopefully actually showing feelings for Piggy! I am kind of sad that Bobo is not in it because he is awesome. Oh my god I simply cannot contain myself. I am just so friggin happy and excited that I just might explo............

(giant explosion of confetti and fireworks...beaureguard comes in to sweep all of my pieces of exploded body-part confetti)

Redsonga

Reaction score
This script review is fantastic! If it is true, it may possibly be one of the most awesome movies ever!

nicky holiday comes back

awesome cameos and references to the other movies

another muppet musical with tons of parodies

and did I mention

I am so friggin excited! I really hope we get to see this movie; the whole review sounded like a dream come true; finally a movie where the muppets don't seem completely kiddie and wussed out and kermit hopefully actually showing feelings for Piggy! I am kind of sad that Bobo is not in it because he is awesome. Oh my god I simply cannot contain myself. I am just so friggin happy and excited that I just might explo............

(giant explosion of confetti and fireworks...beaureguard comes in to sweep all of my pieces of exploded body-part confetti)
I agree, there has been too little Kermie/Piggy love lately :sympathy:. It will be nice to see more of it back :excited:. I guess LTS was a good snapshot into how they are getting along now :3

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I totally agree. If LTS is an indication of what is to come from the Kermit/Piggy dynamic, I couldn't be happier!

:smile: