Unofficial Script Review of the New Muppet Movie

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like Pepe and everything, he can be very cute, hehe. I just think the writers are realizing there is a need for balance. They've tried introducing new characters to get a new fanbase, and I think perhaps now they're trying to give Jim's characters a chance in the same area. :smile:
I agree with you. I'd rather Rowlf get more screentime than Pepe for the movie. I'm sure Pepe will rule the Halloween special and many other projects. I just think Pepe should be given more than three lines. I am still particularly disturbed by the lack of Scooter. Maybe Segel doesn't like thie character? It can't be "The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made" without Scooter in a firm role. :wink:

I also wonder about Bobo. He's just so funny. Johnny and Sal too.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am still particularly disturbed by the lack of Scooter. Maybe Segel doesn't like thie character? It can't be "The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made" without Scooter in a firm role....
Yeah really, I mean we can only speculate; maybe a permanent performer just hasn't been settled for Scooter.

I personally would be happy if Johnny was nowhere near this, heh. But that's just me. :wink:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, Elmo was around for ten years before Jim died. He ain't a post-Jim Mupet.
I know. I was just saying that everyone hates Elmo because he wasen't around when they were little. I don't hate him at all, I was just saying.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah really, I mean we can only speculate; maybe a permanent performer just hasn't been settled for Scooter.

I personally would be happy if Johnny was nowhere near this, heh. But that's just me.
I suppose Johnny Fiama is so close to my heart because of my heavy involvement in his action figure. We got his likeness down so good that it was one of Palisades' best (if I do say so myself). :wink: However, I understand why you don't like him. To me he is the Fozzie Bear of lounge singers. To you he's an ethnic stereotype. I think he's transcended that for the most part, but sometimes the writers keep "dragging him back in!" :big_grin: I had to say that. He he.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I suppose Johnny Fiama is so close to my heart because of my heavy involvement in his action figure. We got his likeness down so good that it was one of Palisades' best (if I do say so myself). However, I understand why you don't like him. To me he is the Fozzie Bear of lounge singers. To you he's an ethnic stereotype. I think he's transcended that for the most part, but sometimes the writers keep "dragging him back in!" I had to say that. He he.
Oh ok yeah I understand, you should take pride in your work. :smile:

Yeah I mean I don't want to me too sensitive or PC (Heaven forbid!). Just that not enough attention is ever given to that and this puppet just happens to fall in the middle of all that. (I suppose I should be more angry at the Sopranos! :wink:)

beaker

Reaction score
I like Pepe and everything, he can be very cute, hehe. I just think the writers are realizing there is a need for balance. They've tried introducing new characters to get a new fanbase, and I think perhaps now they're trying to give Jim's characters a chance in the same area. :smile:
But Jim/Frank/Jerry/etc's main characters have never left the spotlight. Pepe is the only post JH character who has been feature prominently; and he compliments them. He's not like Elmo, who has taken over the street'.

Pepe is one of the main core of the Muppets, and it'd be a mistake to not give him a prominent role with the other characters. Im looking through this draft review; and Im wondering if Segal and Stoller truly are versed in Muppet canon/chemistry.

beaker

Reaction score
I know. I was just saying that everyone hates Elmo because he wasen't around when they were little. I don't hate him at all, I was just saying.
People hate Elmo because since 1996 it's been a sickening over saturation. My goodness, could you imagine if Telly was given even a 20th the time/merch/love Elmo is given? There's times where I just pretend Elmo isn't even part of Sesame/Muppet canon. Im glad for how much money he's brought into Sesame workshop, and for how much success he's brought to such an insanely talented performer as Kevin Clash. But goodness gracious, Elmo has just been way too nauseatingly ubiquitous for well over a decade.