Uncle Grandpa

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just less than a week before the election, we get an episode about Uncle Grandpa and Pizza Steve running for president of the RV. As expected, Steve's ideas are all horribly dangerous and destructive, but at least he did end up winning in the end, though not in the way he expected.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uhhhh...how far ahead was this episode written? I know CN's been sitting on it for a while, but the Pizza Steve for Dictator President was a little...uncomfortable. The difference between direct satire and eerie coincidence was a little unnerving. Without doing a "this election" rant, it's clear that a lot of things that used to be or were meant to be funny are unfortunate.

Though I did like the jab at the "Mission Accomplished" Dubya photo. And the fact that this would be the second time I saw a kid's cartoon take such a stab at Trickle Down Economics. The first one being from the dub of Samurai Pizza Cats. And at least CN's airing Uncle Grandpa again. They didn't need to screw the show the way it did, sure, but they've been giving it a real cold shoulder since the announcement.

snichols1973

Reaction score
Just less than a week before the election, we get an episode about Uncle Grandpa and Pizza Steve running for president of the RV. As expected, Steve's ideas are all horribly dangerous and destructive, but at least he did end up winning in the end, though not in the way he expected.
I would consider Pizza Steve's victory hollow and pyrrhic, if not comical, with UG conceding on behalf of his friends, as contrasted to Pizza Steve's egocentric "It's all about me" attitude throughout the series...

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was a pretty epic new episode. A boy wishes to have someone to have a snowball fight with, so Uncle Grandpa takes him to the North Pole to battle with snowmen. The whole thing plays out like a war movie, complete with the boy taking an ice-cold snowball to the chest and UG having to remove it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Geez, they really don't advertise UG or Adventure Time anymore, do they?

C to the J

Reaction score
Geez, they really don't advertise UG or Adventure Time anymore, do they?
They did start airing new episodes last week with a little advertising. And there's more to come this week. Plenty of LOL moments, too. It's such a relief to see Uncle Grandpa the way he appeared in the first couple of seasons. Why Uncle G has a small face, a wide head, a fat body, and bizarre arm poses (anything you'd see in the title cards) in a few episodes is beyond me. One minute he looks pleasing, the next minute the ugliness kicks in.

I'll have to start catching up - I only watched four full episodes and some clips on Cartoon Network's YouTube channel so far.

By the way, does anyone notice that Uncle Grandpa says something different for every title sequence? There are quite a lot if I'm not mistaken. ("This episode is your favorite!", "Back so soon?", etc.) Someone should make a list.

C to the J

Reaction score
New episodes of, I'll say in Spanish, Tio Abuelo are on this month! There's been quite a drought, but if there's one thing I like about Cartoon Network, they give a lot of shows a chance to go on the air after periods of hiatuses. I'd just like to see Nickelodeon and Disney try to follow that particular method.