Um, it's Disney not JHC

Quesal

Reaction score
It is quite confusing even for the most devoted of Muppet fans. You grow up with something one way, you kinda wanna keep it that way no matter what. Kinda how so many elderly folks still dress the way they did back in their day, ya know?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What I find amusing is that when Disney didn't own the Muppet gang most everyone thought they did. Now when they actually own the Muppets they are considered a property of the Jim Henson Company.

I have never found it confusing.
:embarrassed: Disney: The Muppets, Muppet Babies, Bear in the Big Blue House
:coy: Jim Henson Co: Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth
:super: Sesame Workshop: Sesame Street
The Jim Henson Foundation: Jim Henson likeness, doodles, puppet version of Jim

Now, when talking Hoobs, Dog City and such sometimes it can get tricky, but that's not what most of these articles are referencing.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What I find amusing is that when Disney didn't own the Muppet gang most everyone thought they did. Now when they actually own the Muppets they are considered a property of the Jim Henson Company.

Now, when talking Hoobs, Dog City and such sometimes it can get tricky, but that's not what most of these articles are referencing.
Regardless of who owns what, it is often a multitude of any of the above companies collaborating on ventures, whether it be The Jim Henson Company directing and producing with Disney as distributor (or vice-versa) or Sesame Workshop working in conjunction with The Jim Henson Company or what have you.

beaker

Reaction score

Legally, this would be correct. However for all of us(or most of us?); the Muppet show characters, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock,
Bear in the Big Blue House, ect are ALL Muppets(tm)
I even consider Puppet Up and the Henson alternative brand; as well as the upcoming Pajanimals, the 2002 series Animal Jam, ect to be Muppets(tm) I don't consider creature shop/fantasy to be Muppets, but everything else quite so! Mopatop and Hoobs are also Muppets, though not sure where the rights holders of those lie.

I now believe it's good all of these are seperately owned so they can each receive special attention and focus...I have to admit, no way JHC could be focusing attention on Fraggle Rock if they also had to focus on the Muppets.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
However for all of us(or most of us?); the Muppet show characters, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock,
Bear in the Big Blue House, ect are ALL Muppets
Because all--sans Bear--were done with Jim's involvement (or in the case of Bear, is done with Jim's vision in mind).