Two New Designs

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm working on a pitch for a show I'm trying to get going, and as part of it I'm going the extra mile and throwing some designs in to show the flavor I'm going for. Here are the first two I've done:

Professor
Jenney

What do you think?

RockerRob

Reaction score
I like the professor. He looks like he teaches Physical Sicence. I see what you are going for with Jenny: the earthy, hippi type, but frankly she looks butch. If that is what you are going for then she is perfect, but if you are not then try for a cuter more petite character with more earth toned and feminine colors. Bindi of "Bindi the Jungle Girl" comes to mind mixed with Gadget from "Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers".

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
They're great characters! nicely done!

I like a big-boned Jenney.... :wink:

mrhogg

Reaction score
I am going for more of a thickly-built character, yes. Not only is she full of pseudoscientific, ill-defined beliefs, she's large, and loud about it. Hopefully in the design you get the sense that she's also very happy: she's quite comfortable with her worldview, and thinks it's pretty great.

I am, you see, trying to be subtle. :smile:

Here's another one: Tyler

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
mrhogg, I know a few people exactly like that....woouuld you like me to pm you with their flickr accounts?

Blink

Reaction score
Great designs Brian! I love the Skeptikids angle too. I for one enjoy the paranormal shows that are out there and this is a great twist.

What computer program do you use for your design/layouts? Do you sketch on paper and scan or do you draw right on a tablet? Very nice presentation.

mrhogg

Reaction score
staceyrebecca: sure. :smile:

blink: thanks! I might do sketches ahead of time to get the general flow, and do those by hand, but typically I do a proper design in Photoshop, using my Wacom tablet. The tablet is super nice to use. :smile:

JDAmato

Reaction score
I love the designs-- I can't wait to see the finished puppets in action!