1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Muppets Wizard of Oz on ABC Family October 6-7

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet Frog, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

So the Muppets Wizard of Oz will be on ABC Family this Saturday at 11:30 am eastern and 9:00 am eastern on Sunday.

The recent Muppet movie will also premiere on Starz on October 6th at 9pm and at 7:30 and 4:30 on Sunday.
  2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I'm happy that "The Muppets" will start showing on Starz soon. I think I'll only watch Muppets Wizard of OZ when there is nothing else to watch (it will be a very last resort).

Thanks, for letting us all know about this.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting this. It will be interesting to see what folks have to say about the made-for-TV movie seven years later.

Here's Greg James review from 2005.
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Huh, I thought ABC Family announced yesterday that they'd be airing The Mummy tomorrow night in back-to-back airings. Guess I'll be in the minority of actually enjoying MWoO, *shrugs. :attitude:
  5. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

^ All I see is MWoO and alot of Disney movies for tonight and tomorrow. Oh and also TMNT III for tomorrow morning.

Well, atleast it's not "Harry Potter Weekend". They seem to have that every month. Love Harry Potter, but MAN.
  6. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I'm recording MWoO only because my kid brother still hasn't seen it, and wants to. His funeral (although I may watch the parts with Johnny and Sal, not just because I love those guys, but also because I think those are some of the only good parts of the movie)...
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Just saw it! Haven't seen it for the past 7 years! I like how Miss Piggy portrayed all 4 Witches of Oz. :mad:
    Hayley B likes this.
  8. Phillip

Muppets Wizard of Oz is on both Saturday and Sunday mornings Ed, check local listings for times in your area.
  9. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

That is the one thing I do like about MWoO. Also "The Witch Is In The House" song, I kind of like too. The only song I like for MWoO I might add.
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  10. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I still remember I saw a preview screening of this movie at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2005. So yeah, I saw this in a theater. Surprisingly, the crowd was really into it. There was tons of laughter, applause, hooting and hollering all the appropriate moments. I'll admit I declared it "the 2nd best post-Henson Muppet movie" at the time. Looking back, I think we were all on a "new Muppet movie" high and remained oblivious to it's low quality. That and the fact the screenings were free...
  11. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

thanks for the info!
  12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

NO! Out of all the Muppet movies, why in the name of Sweetums would they play Wizard of Oz?!! :grr:
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

One word "Halloween."
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, Muppets Wizard of Oz is a pretty scary movie.
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Scary is one word for it, lol.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

You people know what I mean. XP I wasn't gonna go there! :halo:
  17. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I actually like MWoO. I watched it on the HD version of ABC Family, and they didn't show it in widescreen. So that was a waste.
  18. Phillip

Did ABC Family show the original broadcast version or the DVD version with about 20 minutes of extra scenes? I'm guessing it was more than likely the original broadcast version. We haven't checked our recording to see which one they used.

Yeah, that is a shame since the widescreen version exists.
  19. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

They edited it. The showed some parts from the DVD version though.
  20. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Caught a little bit of The Muppets on Starz today. Only got to the Telethon part. It's always so lovely to hear Rainbow Connection. :)