TV Alert: "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" on CW Tuesday December 18

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tuesday night watch the Muppets Christmas special "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" on the CW at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central. Let us know how the 2002 special has aged ten years later. Review our reviews from the first broadcast in 2002.

If you saw this show please like this message and share your thoughts below.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
This edit of the movie is horrible...I missed the first 40 minutes...but the scene where fozzie got green was chopped poorly...the nbc logo joke on kermits foot was cut...the reality tv joke was cut....and I get that a lot of this getting rid of the nbc bits...did they cut the scrubs bit earlier too? anyone know

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, they probably had to cut all of the NBC references, since the movie was originally made specifically for NBC, and that isn't the case this time.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My first time watching the movie. I could tell the editing was a bit choppy, but most of the plot got through. It was pretty inconsistent in terms of quality (may have been the editing), but I liked the message and the Club Dot scene was an eye-opener. Poor Robin!

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
All I can say is, the movie made me appreciate The Muppets a heckuvalot more, haha. :smile: Cute, but not entirely up to snuff

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Haven't seen this version of it yet; DVRed, but haven't watched. When I first saw the movie when I was 15, I never cared much for the NBC references, anyway, so I probably won't care too much about the editing.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i wonder if disney is going to ever produce a new muppet christmas special or movie?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I enjoyed it, but yeah I agree with beatnikchick300, charlietheowl, D.Snowth, and DannyRWW. The Scrubs scene was cut, and the NBC references were cut. My favorite scenes? My mom and I like the part where Animal was drumming hehehe, Robin as the green fairy... awwww cute, and the Everyone matters song was great. So, I appreciate The Muppets more than 10 or even 15 years ago.