1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

TV Alert: Elmo on Michael Bublé's "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special Monday December 10

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Monday night don't miss Elmo on the Michael Bublé "Home for the Holidays" Christmas special on NBC at 10 pm eastern, 9 pm central. Enjoy one of Kevin Clash's final performances as Elmo in this anticipated holiday event.

Here a recent excerpt from Xfinity discussing Michael Bublé 's duet with Elmo...

Michael Bublé is an Elmo fan. The smooth singer duets with the beloved “Sesame Street” star on his upcoming NBC Christmas special, ”Michael Bublé: Home for the Holidays,” and none of the recent problems with Elmo’s puppeteer, Kevin Clash, made him want to cut their number.​

“There was never a discussion to lose him,” Bublé tells XfinityTV.com in an exclusive interview. “The truth is, Elmo didn’t do anything. He’s a three-year-old monster. He’s innocent, sweet, and funny — and very polite, too.”​

Bublé hopes that viewers are able to look beyond the Clash scandal and instead focus on the performance itself. “The deal is that Elmo is featured on my special and that’s kind of how I really felt about it,” he says. “[The performance is] so warm and sweet. It really is a beautiful moment. I think people will enjoy it.”​

[​IMG]
    If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

did nobody watch this... lol
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Mo Frackle likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Too busy with How I Met Your Mother and 2 Broke Girls. Plus I don't much care for Buble anyway.
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

How I met your mother best show ever ...
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I thought it was great.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, maybe the fact this thread was posted a week ahead of the scheduled airing, and then it got buried with all other forum traffic contributed to why there wasn't an immediate reply after the special last night.

But to answer the question... Yes, I saw it last night, was waiting all night for it if only for Elmo's appearance.

That little red monster sure got a lot of mileage from Bubblé's name.
    As for the appearance made by :laugh: I'm kind of mixed. He seemed a bit, "surly"? And when he said he didn't know how to write... You do know how to write Elmo, you sang that song about writing your name with :wisdom: and the kids. But I guess he's just acting like a child hopped up on Christmasness and impatience for it to finally be here.

Why was "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" the song chosen?
    At least it wasn't "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas". I prefer the wersion sung by :batty: though.
    Mo Frackle and muppetlover123 like this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The Count's version is great and all, but it just isn't Christmas until I hear Darkwing Duck sing it off key after getting run over by a flatbed truck driven by Bushroot.

And I sure as heck wouldn't want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. Not after I found out the unique way they mark their territory.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  9. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I love Elmo's appearance in this special. It was funny! :laugh:
    I like both The Count's and Elmo's versions of this song. It can be both overwhelming and fun when it comes to one of Kevin Clash's final performances of Elmo.
  10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

The whole special is posted up on Youtube.
  11. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

That was actually the best I've seen out of Elmo for a while.
  12. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I agree with Rugratskid! I was blown away and that is definetely the best and last performance of Kevin's Elmo.

I heard the The Count's version of "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" is the best, but I liked Elmo's version too and it wasn't that bad at all.