1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Toy Vault developing Henson Fantasy Plush

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Laszlo, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

2. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Oh my gosh! He looks like a cartoon beheaded wookie! (Sigh) Some people are so cruel. (weeps bitterly)
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

ummm seriously I think just about any one of us here could make a better one of those by looking at images of him taking said images to craft store and buying things and making our own...:rolleyes:
    aka yea it's complete crap.
  4. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

Maybe my memory's playing tricks on me, but I don't remember Fizzgig being so . . . brown. Wasn't there, say, white and grey and such around his mouth?

Hmm. Maybe we could convince ourselves to buy this plush by deciding this is actually Fizzgig's rambunctious young nephew Figfizz.

Or maybe not.

>SIGH< And a plush Fizzgig is such a perfect idea, too. . . .
  5. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Indeed! The color is totally off! :mad:
  6. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

It just occurred to me that what would be even better than a Fizzgig plush would be a Fizzgig hand puppet--so you could open his mouth way too wide like he did in the film. Imagine hiding somewhere and, as soon as someone approaches, making Fizzgig burst out of nowhere flinging open his jaws with all those teeth everywhere. Add your own sound effects: GWARRRRRHH!!
  7. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

You could probably do that by cutting a hole in the bottom or back.:)
  8. TheJimHensonHour

ok I'd want one of those! He's also missing his teeth what is this fizzgigs red neck fuzzgorg lol.:D
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

10. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

I don't mind the Rigel plush...the others ain't floating my boat. They look like home made versions.
  11. TheJimHensonHour

Rigel is ok and by that I mean just ok...why is he the wrong color though I always thought he was green and yellowish...this doll is gray..:rolleyes:
  12. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I always wanted a Fizzgig plush or even better: a Fizzgig hand puppet!
    But after seeing this I'm very disappointed by the poor quality.
    I'd rather pay $200.- for a perfect Fizzgig than $19.- for this.
  13. crazed gonzo fa

I don't want plushes, I want action figures!
  14. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

The Didymus plush is adorable. :flirt:
  15. cabbageheat

cabbageheat New Member

uh crap

sorry,

I like that someone out there is starting to re-introduce old product lines, but at the same time, I'm sorry, The Dark Crystal is not "made" for plush lines. Just the very essence of the characters, do not translate to soft, plushy toys.

I think they look awful.

Good try, but I think the characters/world just don't fit into the mold of cuddly toys.

Common guys, new ideas, and a more serious medium.
  16. MarieIsabella

MarieIsabella Member

Fizzgig Plush

It might not be the best looking fizzgig, but I will most likely buy it.

Being a huge Dark Crystal fan myself, I have always wanted a plush from the movie. Exspecially one of the gelfing, jen. Which they might just bring out since they mentioned more plushes and well he is a main charactor so I would assume he would be!:)

We should make ones for ourselves and fellow fans that way they would look right!:excited:
  17. Tim

Tim Member

Disney + Henson + Corporate Greed + riding along on past glories + need to pay Eisner's "Muppet deal" debt + no respect or listening to the true fans =

Crap like this.
  18. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Hehe, well said! :)
  19. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

No true, I've seen (expensive) plush animals which look very real and nothing like this crap. A high quality Fizzgig plush (hand puppet) would be awesome IMO !
  20. crazed gonzo fa

At least the upcoming DC manga looks promising.