TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

D

Dil

No, what I meant was they will forget a TEENY little bit of Beaker.
And what I meant about 'Give up, already' is enough having just 1 Muppet Show Season Set.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dil said:
And what I meant about 'Give up, already' is enough having just 1 Muppet Show Season Set.
Ummm, :smirk: ok,:confused: .

But yeah overall it would be great to have more than just the season one set of "The Muppet Show."

David French

Reaction score
Dil said:
Dil - neither of your posts make any sense whatsoever. From memory, the Muppet Labs sketches don't feature any music that couldn't be cleared so I'm sure all scenes featuring Beaker will be there when/if the second season set is released.

The Muppets are only a small part of Disney, and quite rightly they don't want to saturate the DVD market by releasing the remaining seasons of TMS or other Muppet "projects" (for want of a better word) on DVD and ignore all their other original material.

Like everyone else you will have to be patient and wait.

MWoO

Reaction score
I don;t think releasing the second season within a year of the first would saturate the market.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree, I mean, they release TV shows on DVD all the time. Most of them at least 2 seasons in the same year. So, if they don't release season 2 at least by June 2007, people are gonna be really ticked.

Daniel

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Dude nothing Dil say ever makes sense, ever.

As for the Muppet Show DVD sets, the Muppet show takes longer because of right issues unlike many other shows. Plus I can see what David is saying as well.

Marky

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Yeah, I agree, I mean, they release TV shows on DVD all the time. Most of them at least 2 seasons in the same year. So, if they don't release season 2 at least by June 2007, people are gonna be really ticked.

Daniel
All those song-publishing companies... true. Some are likely dragging their feet more than others. I can't see, for instance, Michael Jackson taking long to OK any Beatles songs they did, but smaller, poorer companies probably want to milk it for what they can!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Marky said:
All those song-publishing companies... true. Some are likely dragging their feet more than others. I can't see, for instance, Michael Jackson taking long to OK any Beatles songs they did, but smaller, poorer companies probably want to milk it for what they can!
Which is something that a lot of people here are forgetting, which is part of what takes the Muppet Show a little longer. Which is why it's way easlier for Disney to release say "Darkwing Duck" or "Talespin" because there isn't music rights to worry about, which is why, we are getting thoes dvds out there faster. It's really simple.

Plus Marky is probably right, a lot of companies are probably thinking that since Disney is a huge company, why not try get as much money as it's worth. Which I think is kind of sad, because I'm sure Disney made a fair offer. Come on.

D

Dil

I posted post #331 here on this thread, I waited and then I see my respond.
Aren't you glad I'm patient, Barry Lee?

Marky

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
Which is something that a lot of people here are forgetting, which is part of what takes the Muppet Show a little longer. Which is why it's way easlier for Disney to release say "Darkwing Duck" or "Talespin" because there isn't music rights to worry about, which is why, we are getting thoes dvds out there faster. It's really simple.

Plus Marky is probably right, a lot of companies are probably thinking that since Disney is a huge company, why not try get as much money as it's worth. Which I think is kind of sad, because I'm sure Disney made a fair offer. Come on.
Yeah - they're probably song-squatting, holding the DVD set hostage in the process!