Tickle Me Elmo 10th Anniversary Edition

BEAR

Reaction score
SurfPark said:
To me the problem isn't that there is a new Elmo doll. Its the fact that they over market this thing and attempt to make it into the "next big thing" for the holidays. Think about it...10 years ago the doll went big because of the mention on "The Rosie O'Donnel" show. She used to have a lot of Muppet merchandise on her hosting desk and would show it off often. This new Elmo doll isn't going to get as much buzz unless some celebrity claims they love it.

Rosie O'Donnell has been advertising the TMX on The View for the past couple weeks. They are even auctioning off the first off the assembly line and giving the money to charity.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:
just like Wal-mart and Target... they're making profit. Toys R Us's price is $39.99, where as Wal-Mart's is $34.88... Amazon.com has it for $100.... so even they are making profit. THey're getting them cheaper then you. So, really, its a buisness. If you want it, you have to buy it from the price its being sold at... if not... make yer own.

Wal-mart buys it from someone to sell for a cheap price... but they sell out. So thats why sellers buy from wal-mart to save what they can, for people who dont have a shot at getting there in time. Just like the store, people can buy items on ebay, BUT since theres only one item that the seller is selling, they "auction" it off to whoever wants it the most.
But at a ten million dallor price tag?

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I went to the store to buy some DVDs in the used section and found Myster Science Theatre 3000 the Movie for $59.99. Thinking this was a mistake, maybe it was 5.99 (the movie was made in the early 90s) i had them check it at the register. Sure enough, the tag was right. Even they were shocked.

So, some stores will go anyrate, just as any person will, to sell something. But i think you're not getting the point that, they auction it. If a store were to auction something, it can very well go over its worth. And thats the buyers fault. I can put something for $1 and watch it go up on ebay, only because the buyers are willing to pay that. So in actuality, its not the sellers fault.

wes

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I just saw the video from Good Morning America and it looks like elmo is having seizures to me.
haaaaaaaa! HAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:stick_out_tongue: Quick Make sure he's not choking on his vomit, quick put a spoon in his mouth!

oh do you think the old Elmo would be worth anything now or do i need to wait

Convincing John

Reaction score
Check this out...

Even though my opinions on Elmo are...less than positive...you can't help but smile when you watch this clip I found on YouTube. This kid gets an idea two minutes into the clip...

"Ha ha...ha ha...ohhh!" (Elmo needs an aspirin!)

Now this is what the toy is supposed to be for...not to be hocked for a million dollars on Ebay, but to be enjoyed by kids! (That's what all toys are for!)

Convincing John

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:
I went to the store to buy some DVDs in the used section and found Myster Science Theatre 3000 the Movie for $59.99. Thinking this was a mistake, maybe it was 5.99 (the movie was made in the early 90s) i had them check it at the register. Sure enough, the tag was right. Even they were shocked.

So, some stores will go anyrate, just as any person will, to sell something. But i think you're not getting the point that, they auction it. If a store were to auction something, it can very well go over its worth. And thats the buyers fault. I can put something for $1 and watch it go up on ebay, only because the buyers are willing to pay that. So in actuality, its not the sellers fault.
I not saying it's anyone's falut here, I'm just saying that that's rediculious and discussting.:stick_out_tongue:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
My nephew opened his gift the other day (my mom bought him the tickle me Elmo). And it was the toy of the party. ALL the adults were playing with him. To think that other adults don't play with toys no longer lingers in my mind.

Ok, so they were drunk too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I heard on the news yesturday, that People were Fighting over this Toy. I'm sure that's obvious. But I heard an Insident where hair was being pulled, Wigs were flying, lad tops were being thown into the air, all kinds of things. Somebody started waiving a gun just to get a doll. It got intense.

It should not get to this point where something meant to make people happy should make people this crazy.:eek: :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, it's like the Beanie Babies, everyone was convinced they'd get rich off them. Now, they're practically nothing, the fad died.