Tickle Me Elmo 10th Anniversary Edition

CoOKiE

Reaction score
well about the crazed insident... and no i'm not stickin up for myself as if i was there lol... is because, its a toy, as you have been saying, that children love to play with. Those are parents fighting to make their children happy. Its nuts, yes, but if you had a child that really wanted it, and there was one on the shelf, just as someone was grabbing it.. and you thought to yourself "i can take this guy on"... hey, stuff happens. Alot of people go through alot, just to make their children happy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I understand that, Cookie, you don't want to disapoint your child.

I don't want to judge anyone who was there, since I wasn't there. And I hope this doesn't sound rude. But I think sometimes parents should teach their children that they won't always get what they want in life, and for their own safety, walk away! Live to purchase TMX another day! lol

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I saw the same article

Ilikemuppets said:
I heard on the news yesturday, that People were Fighting over this Toy. I'm sure that's obvious. But I heard an Insident where hair was being pulled, Wigs were flying, lad tops were being thown into the air, all kinds of things. Somebody started waiving a gun just to get a doll. It got intense.

It should not get to this point where something meant to make people happy should make people this crazy.:eek: :stick_out_tongue:
I saw the story in the New York Daily News about the gun, the one who bought the Elmo had the right idea when he gave the doll up, it's not worth losing your life over!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
I saw the story in the New York Daily News about the gun, the one who bought the Elmo had the right idea when he gave the doll up, it's not worth losing your life over!
I think so. Your child may be disapointed for a couple days, but at least they still have a parent!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I get that people want to do things for there children, but it should never have gotton the the point where somebody have a gun over a toy in the first place and put other peoples lives in danger. I can judge that guy with the gun easily and say keep him away from our soiety befor he hurts someone, and based on his actions. Yes stuff happend's, and their is also consequinces when that stuff hapend's too.:stick_out_tongue:

I think you can teach your children that they can have and do what they want in life, as long as you work for it and don't hurt or harm antbody for it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
heralde said:
Yeah, it's like the Beanie Babies, everyone was convinced they'd get rich off them. Now, they're practically nothing, the fad died.

I wouldn't TOTALLY say it was dead... they're still around. Unfortunately. Though I do want the Spongebob ones.

Anway, if there's any doubt this will live up to the hype of the original... don't bother to ask. If people are killing each other as if they were nike sneakers, they'll no doubt do jus' fine.

Personally, I LOVE the box it comes in... sort of a "Danger! Elmo inside" type metalic breifcase. That cracks me up. Plus, I loved the back-lit shadowy Elmo promo pic. I'd buy a T-shirt of it and wear it often.

but 5 million? You could buy an actual Elmo for less than that!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
fighting law suits and such to have that happen... yeah i guess u could buy an Elmo for 5 million lol... for 5 million you could have your child visit the set of SS, or have Kevin CLash come to your house to preform for your child.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
CoOkiE said:
for 5 million you could have your child visit the set of SS, or have Kevin CLash come to your house to preform for your child.
Exactly. Heck, if I had a cool 5 mil to spend, I'd hire Kevin Clash to come to my house, or better yet, come to like, my kids school or something, to perform for all the little kids. It'd be better spent that way, then just one measly (although pretty cool in it's own right) Elmo doll! :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the bright side of things, if the toys continue to sell that good, maybe SW will have more money to make more stuff, and not repeat the same crap from the previous seasons that they repeat over and over in anticipation for a new season.

Theoretically, more money= More material.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I wouldn't TOTALLY say it was dead... they're still around. Unfortunately. Though I do want the Spongebob ones.

Anway, if there's any doubt this will live up to the hype of the original... don't bother to ask. If people are killing each other as if they were nike sneakers, they'll no doubt do jus' fine.

Personally, I LOVE the box it comes in... sort of a "Danger! Elmo inside" type metalic breifcase. That cracks me up. Plus, I loved the back-lit shadowy Elmo promo pic. I'd buy a T-shirt of it and wear it often.

but 5 million? You could buy an actual Elmo for less than that!
You better get insurance for that thing.