1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Pork

Pork Active Member

Hey everyone,
    Couldn't see a thread about this already, but forgive me if there is....

Threadless t-shirts is have a Muppet themed t-shirt design challenge, with amazing prizes!
    You should all check it out! :D who's going to enter it?

http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/
  2. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I did a "Friends" parody teeshirt. Sadly it's not been well received :sympathy:
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I liked it Stuart - I gave it a good rating! :) I love Muppets and Friends and I thought putting the two together was a good idea!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many we can submit?

Mine's gonna take the entire 19 days we have left. I really want the Muppets included looking like the Muppets! That amount of time will probably mean I won't get the fan votes, but froggit. I'm on the fence about actually submitting one. There's so much good stuff already out there.
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

You absolutely have to submit one, Jamie! I can guarantee at least one awesome vote from this fan and a link to your design on the Mindset's Facebook and Twitter! Gotta support our favorite artists! (Including Stuart, whose shirt is awesome!) :D
    frogboy4 likes this.
  6. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Awww thanks Redboobergurl. in hindsight I think it may have been too subtle!

Jamie, you gotta do one! the prize has to be won by our community!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Awww, thanks. My idea is, as always, a little more ambitious than the time available. We'll see. I'm thinking crisp vector line art, but lots-a-lines! eeek.
  8. theprawncracker

I just got a trophy because you liked my post... gosh, isn't the new forum keen, fellas? It reminds me of when I used to play soccer when I was 6... I get a trophy just for showing up.
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Ooh I think I might do one as well. ^_^;
    frogboy4 likes this.
  10. theprawncracker

You might like my post and get me another trophy?! Boy howdy, MrsP! Oh please, won't you?
    frogboy4 and MrsPepper like this.
  11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh no! It seems I can only like each post once. Whatever shall you do?!?!?!! T_T

(Edited to abuse the punctuation)
  12. theprawncracker

Well... that's fine, because I can only get a trophy for having my post liked once... sad face... :(
  13. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Dawww... don't cry... Have a tissue. And a trophy.
  14. theprawncracker

YAY!!!!! ELMO GOT ANOTHER TROPHY FOR DOING NOTHING! YAY!!!!!

(*ahem* Point proven? :halo: )
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Yes. Now stop muffining. And give me a trophy. *throws a muffin*

Erm, *cough* but yes I would like to enter this as well, but I'm more painterly and don't really do line art, so I guess that wouldn't be appropriate for a t shirt?
    theprawncracker likes this.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Already working on quite a snazzy one:) I've been doing graphic design, comic art, illustration, etc for ages...but I never quite got into the whole indie rock album cover/Urban Outfitters/hipster/threadless design look. Virtually all their designs look the same, and have that same minimalist surreal vine line hipster look...but I'm working on something I hope resonates with people. This is a great little synergy tie in, as targeting the college hipster/nerd youth is a must for marketing the Muppets film
  17. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Jamie - I'd love to see what you could come up with!! You should definitely submit one! I'll be happy if any of my favorite artists that I have met through this forum and the Mindset win and proud to wear a shirt from any one of you! Just sayin.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aw, thanks! I worked about 6 hours last night and I'm about 30% done. This is gonna take a while...18 days left!
  19. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

WHY is this so hard??
    Im really having a tough time trying to get my image onto the website. I managed to upload it but got an email saying that it wasnt in a template?
    I am a complete novice when it comes to Photoshop and really dont know much about it or the terminology used to operate it?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!

This is the design I am trying to upload

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0163748443419.304290.652168418&type=1&theater

Thanks for any help.

Chris
  20. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

That looks really cool Pork, thanks for posting it.
    I really wish I could draw better.