The Worst Sesame Street Game that Never was... Grover Music Maker.

Luke kun

Reaction score
My friend and I rented an Atari 2600 last night. We had two games for it: Fantastic Voyage and Big Bird's Egg Catch. We played Fantastic Voyage first. It freaked me out! The game over is when your patient flatlines and dies with you inside him! And the noises freak me out, and the visuals...gosh, they're butt-ugly! But I didn't sweat it and we won. Then we played Big Bird's Egg Catch. Here are my words on the music: "8-bit Turkey in the Straw? Seriously?" But it was okay. We won.

Both games's box art are better than the game itself.

Just wanted to tell you this because we played Big Bird's Egg Catch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's Atari for you. While there are great games out there, there's a lot of ones that are either too simple or ones that are too complex. So complex that they push the limitations of the system, and not in a good way. Believe me, that's what's wrong with the movie licensed games.

But Egg Catch plays like a game, albeit a simple one. And the beauty is that you can change the difficulty switch and make the game pretty intense. The preschool intentions of being impossible to lose kinda hurts that, since dropping a bunch of eggs doesn't give you more negative reinforcement than the fart sounding music when one falls.

Even though the game could be boiled down to an LCD handheld (the lowest evolutionary level of video games) without losing that much, it's still a game that can be played. More than Grover's Music Maker has going for it.