The Worst Sesame Street Game that Never was... Grover Music Maker.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That Big Bird translated surprisingly well.

Grover, on the other hand....

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I wish I could get the rom working to show you guys the big bird game being played, but I can't figure out how to set the controls. I might not be able to play since it needs that weird controller in the commercial :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Depending on the emulator... I was able to get it to work with weird button combinations in a diagonal order... but I forget which ones.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Strangely enough, I managed to find a hacked version that fixed the control issues. I'll have a recording of it up at some point for those who are interested. I must say, the later levels are pretty trippy...the easier levels just have a straight path the eggs drop down and Big Bird jumps to under the path, but later levels you gotta walk him there and the paths start to blink and fade in and out and change colors

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna check that out again. I swear I had it, but I don't.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh.

I just played the Big Bird game. It's hilarious. Especially that background music that can't decide if it's supposed to be Turkey in the Straw or not. Not to mention Big Bird's never changing expression, especially when an egg drops. How did he get Geordie LaForge's visor anyway?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score

Lazy me is lazy

I tell you, this game gets hard in the later levels. The paths actually change while blinking so you have a hard time figuring out where the egg drops

Drtooth

Reaction score
This game's music is stuck in my head. Worse still, it makes me laugh pretty hard. So every time I think of it, I can't stop laughing. Really...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
By atari standards the music is genius. Most games don't have anything that remotely resembles music. The fact it plays so often like that is a feat... but yeah, it is ridiculously funny. The first time I loaded the game I couldn't take it seriously :stick_out_tongue:

I'm genuinely impressed by the quality of this game. It's years ahead of Pigs in Space. God knows how many terrible atari games there are and for a game based on a tv show to be good is amazing. The cookie monster game....eh...not so much....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. It is much more advanced than most games released around that era. I had the questionable pleasure of playing the A*Team game, and the best it had for music was a completely flat, unmelodious version of the theme song.

It took me a little while to realize that the music actually responded to catching the egg. I especially like the goofy sounding flat notes it plays when you drop an egg. And I especially like how, if you don't catch a single egg, Big Bird still dances victoriously at the end.