Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah i miss it idk how frank and jim made time for both SS and Muppets

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Except Measure Yeah Measure.
I liked that song. I mean, yeah it's just another Elmo bit, but frankly, I can't think of any other character that would've worked singing that with the Justin Bieber puppet. At least they got someone who can actually sing to do his vocals. It's certainly no Chris Cerf, but the composers they have today are good and deserve as much respect.

But, as Drtooth said, using it twice in a 26 episode season doesn't fly. It would in the old 130, but by now, they have so little inserts in each show and so much material to use; there's no excuse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked that song. I mean, yeah it's just another Elmo bit, but frankly, I can't think of any other character that would've worked singing that with the Justin Bieber puppet. At least they got someone who can actually sing to do his vocals. It's certainly no Chris Cerf, but the composers they have today are good and deserve as much respect.
And it could have been worse. They could have REALLY got Justin Beiber in there to sing a parody of his own song.

But, as Drtooth said, using it twice in a 26 episode season doesn't fly. It would in the old 130, but by now, they have so little inserts in each show and so much material to use; there's no excuse.
I'm wondering.

Now, I wonder if they used "What I Am" twice because of the Katy Perry bit being banned, and just wound up switching stuff around, and they had to put that on a second time so something else wouldn't be used twice to replace that bit. And I wonder if the same thing happened with that one because they didn't put the Tau Bennet sketch in there. I really hope Kevin Clash would speak up for that appearance and let it on this season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I had said that maybe the Tau bit didn't test well with the kids, so they couldn't use it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd think Kevin would have supportive and tried to get this segment in there as a huge favor to him. Unless they're saving it for this upcoming season. We won't know until halfway through February of next year.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score

The Elmo part wasn't the problem.
And it could have been worse. They could have REALLY got Justin Beiber in there to sing a parody of his own song.

I'm wondering.

Now, I wonder if they used "What I Am" twice because of the Katy Perry bit being banned, and just wound up switching stuff around, and they had to put that on a second time so something else wouldn't be used twice to replace that bit. And I wonder if the same thing happened with that one because they didn't put the Tau Bennet sketch in there. I really hope Kevin Clash would speak up for that appearance and let it on this season.
Carefull you may give someone an idea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said it before, and you all know... I'm not a fan of the self serving celebrity parody of their own songs. I'd rather they just SING their own songs (sometimes with little modifications) like they used to...

Sesame Street built their last few seasons on the fact that celebrities came in and sang parodies of their own songs. It stopped being cute, and started being routine. The Katy Perry one was kinda cute, but that was after a line of stingers. Like James Blunt's TERRIBLE "you're Beautiful" song rewritten about triangles.

Used to be we'd have a parody Muppet or Muppet character sing a much better worded parody of those songs.

Or better yet, have celebrities sing NEW songs. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan by any means, but I LOVED the Song About Elmo. That was some retro SNL Sandler stuff right there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait... so the Tau Bennet bit has been scrapped? That is so un-cool of them to do that: they flew him all the way up from Atlanta to perform alongside one of the puppetry giants on one of the biggest shows in history, and for them to do that is just... again, that just doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.