The "What Seems to Be in Store for Season 43" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For a while there, he was performing Bert almost exclusively, but it seems that once they ressurrected the whole Grover/Mr. Johnson schtick, that that's when he started performing Grover again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Those preview videos were a pain to find... but I managed to find them, especially one not listed. There's going to be a remade version of the Loaf of Bread, container of milk, stick of butter cartoon as well. Before someone screams about remakes, I kinda like them. They manage to bring back classic bits that they'd otherwise neglect.

And I'm loving Cookie Monster's Me am What Me Am song. See? They still have character performed song parodies. I am what I am from La Cage Au Folles, if you're asking...

*&&^% my mother's showtunes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just watched that cartoon and it seems redundant to have it, considering the word of the day bit with Eric Stonestreet is already a psuedo-remake of it

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been enjoying all the preview clips I've seen so far. After watching "Me Am What Me Am", I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the "Veggie Monster" street story (the site has another clips from that episode as well). I must say, so far it's the best David Rudman as Cookie Monster song so far.

Considering seasons 42 and 43 were in production at the same time, I wonder if they continued making more season 43 segments after season 42 aired, or if they are currently working on seasons 44 and 45. I read on toughpigs a few months ago that Tyler Bunch mentioned Frank Oz being on the set one day, I assume the day I heard about that post (it wouldn't surprise me if that was the day the Birdwalk Empire sketch was taped).

Back when Mad Men was done in season 40, it seemed like a big deal because Frank Oz hadn't performed any one-shot characters in over a decade (and since it was for an anniversary season it felt like an anniversary nod to fans). Then last year Frank did the Heaviest Catch segment and I didn't think that sketch was as good. But now that Frank did this Birdwalk Empire sketch it seems like it might become a tradition for Frank to perform one-shot characters each season. Also, with Mad Men it had been announced in advance that Frank would perform in it, while in these other parodies we didn't know until after we saw the segments (part of me wonders if his performance in the Mad Men sketch should have been kept a surprise).

It is a little interesting. It's been confirmed that Frank only performs on the show one day a year now, and it seems every season he's performed in (I think he skipped season 41) included a pairing between Grover and one of Jerry Nelson's characters, yet these one-shot segments with Frank don't involve Jerry Nelson's voice in any way. I don't think I heard Matt Vogel's voice in any of the segments, either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After watching Birdwalk Empire... SST isn't going to stop relying on chromakey anytime soon are they? It just got more and more obvious as it went on.

And, heh, I see even to this day, Frank is still relying on his Bert voice for the one-shot characters, lol.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not like Jim wasn't going that way anyhow. At least the Murray stuff is shot outdoors, which looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.