The Steven Universe thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spoke too soon about the Saturday Mornings. :sympathy:

There are new Steven Universes on the way, it's just a matter of when CN wants to air them. I'm sure you've all seen the leaked footage, but I'm putting it in spoiler mode anyway,

Of the big battle between Malachite and Alexandrite with assistance from the Watermelon Stevens.

And at least AT and RS are shown in a more accessible prime time slot unlike Transformers' butt crack of dawn showing.
Yeah. I still don't get why Hasbro put their faith in the same cable channel that always aired Transformers cartoons at terrible death slots. And I still don't get how Discovery Family, which still airs Hasbro's cartoons most of the day figured in to not airing it on their own channel where they still seem to have some level of control.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uncle Grandpa got a renewal too. Frankly, I'm a little worried about Clarence, and I'm sure Bears will get a renewal in time, as it's pretty big on CN, and run a crapload of times a day with only a few episodes. Nice to know that Steven and UG's audiences are well known and heard.

Though...ugh June? This is why I dislike their airing of these things. They totally need to air every show possible on a single night like they used to. SU leaves you too on the edge of your seat to keep these stop and go airings.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Uncle Grandpa got a renewal too. Frankly, I'm a little worried about Clarence, and I'm sure Bears will get a renewal in time, as it's pretty big on CN, and run a crapload of times a day with only a few episodes. Nice to know that Steven and UG's audiences are well known and heard.
Clarence's renewal status is worrisome considering the controversy surrounding the "creator", but the real people behind the show have long since fired him and have gotten by just fine. However, it has received great praise for its inclusion and representation of homosexuals, and if that's the sole reason for its cancellation, there will be heck to pay.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Clarence's renewal status is worrisome considering the controversy surrounding the "creator", but the real people behind the show have long since fired him and have gotten by just fine. However, it has received great praise for its inclusion and representation of homosexuals, and if that's the sole reason for its cancellation, there will be heck to pay.
I assumed most people besides us internet nerds had completely forgotten about the Skyler Page controversy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure it's popular enough it will get a renewal in time. Seems that just SU, UG, AT, Gumball (which was already renewed up to season 5 years ago), and RS are mentioned just now. Clarence managed to shake off the creator's behavior and mental state soon enough with only a few uninformed older cartoon viewers having problems with what happened that don't know he really didn't do much other than voice the main character. And he was easily replaced there as well.

We Bare Bears hasn't had a mention yet either, and that seems to be popular a series.

snichols1973

Reaction score
STEVEN UNIVERSE RETURNS IN JUNE! And it's been renewed for a 4th and 5th season.
http://www.rotoscopers.com/2016/03/...rn-in-june-renewed-early-for-4th-5th-seasons/

They're saying that when the show comes back, the next 26 episodes will be part of season 3 rather than season 2. So I guess the season has been split in half, effectively making "Log Date 7 15 2" the second season finale.

https://twitter.com/mcburnett/status/715267280200998912
Actually, 5 new SU episodes are scheduled over a 4 week span with 2 new episodes scheduled to debut on May 12 as part of the "In Too Deep" storyline: