The RHLC!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
ah, well, i think all schools in canada let out late june. they're actually experimenting with a few to make them year round [they'll get a week off here and there but they'll go even in the summer :eek:] if you ask me, watch SST, that should keep your brain working through the summer [old school, not new]
Wow. And imagine if the air conditioner broke during a summer class like it did in some teachers' classes sometime on one of the first few days at our school. O.O

And I agree; Sesame Street, fun trivia games, etc. are educational and enjoyable activities over the summer.

i drew a birthday party with a couple TMS characters he played getting things ready for his birthday [but i only found time today to actually scan and upload it] :wink:
Cute. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Wow. And imagine if the air conditioner broke during a summer class like it did in some teachers' classes sometime on one of the first few days at our school. O.O
:eek: air conditioner? hahahahaha! :crazy: i don't know what the school budget is for you, but my high school didn't have ac. [and they wouldn't turn on the furnace til early december, and it would normally snow in november] they finished construction back when i was in the tenth grade, all but the art and old English room got AC windows that only open a little bit, but no air conditioner. one day, we put a thermometer in a couple of the rooms, all went over 100 F [worst was mr. Walkers at 120 give or take] the office had it though, sometimes the library if you were lucky. i'm a clutz so i got to spend a lot of time in the office where it was cool. :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Well, the weather seems to have turned here - instead of it feeling like late August, it's more like mid-September, because it's been so vile and rainy these last couple of days.

There was a cute item in the news today, about how the first Kermit and the Sam and Friends puppets have been donated to the Smithsonian. :smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Soooooooo late for the party, but I just wanted to stop in and say a very happy belated birthday to Richard! I hope he's having a great time "Your face"-ing me right about now. :wink: I've been watching a lot of Fraggle Rock as well as listening to lots of FR songs lately... so nice to revisit that show. And I've had the song "Is It True?" stuck in my head basically all day. I should watch that FR episode next! As always, missing our Richard every day.

Hope everyone is doing well! :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, that sounds neat. i always wondered about old muppets since i heard somewhere the material they're made from breaks down over time, or something of that nature. on a slight detour, my birthday was monday and my sister got me Max Stein's book on Richard, read it that day, really enjoyed it :flirt: [there's a story with TMC line by Janice when everyone stopped arguing, i always swore it wasn't scripted Richard just kept talking. i was right, made me chuckle.]

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
[there's a story with TMC line by Janice when everyone stopped arguing, i always swore it wasn't scripted Richard just kept talking. i was right, made me chuckle.]
LOL, that was definitely one of the most memorable scenes in the movie. :wink::flirt::big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Soooooooo late for the party, but I just wanted to stop in and say a very happy belated birthday to Richard! I hope he's having a great time "Your face"-ing me right about now. :wink: I've been watching a lot of Fraggle Rock as well as listening to lots of FR songs lately... so nice to revisit that show. And I've had the song "Is It True?" stuck in my head basically all day. I should watch that FR episode next! As always, missing our Richard every day.

Hope everyone is doing well! :smile:
Well, well, well, look who's back in town - hi, Carrie, how's it going? It's great to see you again - we've not seen much of the old guard lately, heralde and Fragglemuppet and the others.

I love that song, too, and that episode - 23 minutes of Richard-related goodness. He always did seem to love playing the somewhat shifty (and downright evil) characters. :wink:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
don't think i've seen that episode, but i like the 'Riddle of Rhyming Rock' and the one where he's a traveling magician and switches places with Wembley. can't remember the name of the episode, but i find it hilarious when they imitate other peoples voices, and hearing Steve and Richard always makes me laugh. gone But Not Forgotten is still my favourite episode, [i think it's cuz now it has a deeper meaning than first anticipated... or maybe that was the intent if they knew he was dying] anyway, i still ned to pick up two more seasons.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's the episode - "Is It True" is the Wizard's theme when he drops into Fraggle Rock to do a show. And I've noticed something - a lot of times, Wembley gets teamed up with one of Richard's characters - the Wizard, the Genie, the Spiderfly, Mudwell...and so on. So you've got a point - Richard and Steve must have worked well together...and maybe Richard had a soft spot for our favorite banana tree shirt-wearing wembler. :coy::wink: