The Random Memory thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My friend Daryll and I used to have get togethers where we would design mods for the surprisingly easy to modify video game, Diablo (Daryll is not his real name btw, I am just calling him that because the game has a lot of zombies in it and Daryll is the name of a character from The Walking Dead).

I really enjoyed doing that with him until one day we were at the store and saw an adorable stuffed animal of a puppy all curled up in a blanket that vibrates to create the illusion that it is actually sleeping. That evening Daryll said to me,

"I know. Let's put that puppy from the store that looks like it actually sleeps into the game as a fightable mob," (Mob is the video game modding codename for things your characters can kill btw).

Right away, I was shocked and disgusted by his suggestion. He literally just suggested that we make a mod where your character can kill a sleeping adorable puppy for no reason. I obviously turned the idea down right away and he agreed but I really haven't felt the same about Daryll since.

All of the mob mods we made were inherently evil/scary such as demons, zombies, vampires, ogres, goblins, etc. So why on Earth did he come up with the idea of adding a poor defenseless puppy to that game? It makes absolutely no sense to me and is incredibly disturbing. I just don't understand the entertainment value in using a computer game to simulate killing a cute baby animal in it's sleep. That is highly immoral and I still to this day can't believe he came up with such a bizarre, out of place mod suggestion completely out of the blue like that.

Most of the mobs we added to the game look like this:

The dog mob that he wanted to add looks like this:

As Big Bird would say "Which one of these things is not like the other?".

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I will never forget that one Macy's Thanksgiving Parade when Rick Astley showed up out of nowhere and delivered what is possibly the best/most memorable RickRoll ever.