The origins of the Muppet Babies

ColonelErnie

Reaction score
Muppet Canon?

If you noticed, during The Muppet Movie, Robin(who isn't Kermit's real nephew, if you're going by Muppet "Canon"(Frog Prince came first, no mention of him being related in there? Must be true, must be true)) asks Kermit if this is how the Muppets really got started. Kermit's response is, Well, it's approximately how it happened.

So, Who's to say?

If you want, you could go by the rules of the universe created in Muppet Babies, Muppet Kids, MTM, or, if you want to live your life with a bucket around your neck to catch the puke, you could go by the rules created in Kermit's Swamp Years.

It's all up to you. wo- wo- wo-wo...

goshposh

Reaction score
the muppet babies shouldn't be accepted as true canon. as i'm sure you all remember they first appeared in mtm because piggy said "do you ever wonder what it would of been like if we met as babies?". it was all a fantasy in piggy's mind.

maxdrive

Reaction score
true cannon or not muppet babies is fun to watch but the only thing is wher eis kermits neck the things they sick out on his neck they arnt on baby kermit

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
well

BTW...I'd like to see a live action Nanny...
That's easy enough. Barbara Billingsley ("June Cleaver" on "Leave it to Beaver") would be a perfect live action Nanny. Mainly because she did the voice of Nanny on Muppet Babies. And for the record, I grew up watching Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock (the live action show), and Fraggle Rock (the cartoon) and I love them all equally. After finally watching all the episodes of Muppets Tonight, I also love that show. I don't why there are so many arguments over this issue. I know the Muppet Babies cartoon isn't meant to be a canon part of the Muppet history because the idea started as Miss Piggy's fantasy in The Muppets Take Manhattan and it contradicts the meetings presented in The Muppet Movie. But I never really worried about such things as a kid. I just watched the shows and enjoyed them. I think maybe we should just stick to that. If you don't like one of the shows I listed above, then don't watch it. But I love them all and love watching anything that has the Muppets in it. (yes, even Muppet Classic Theater and Kermit's Swamp Years, and Muppets From Space, and The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Treasure Island, none of which are anywhere near as bad as people make them out to be.) :rolleyes: :attitude: :smile:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i would love to see a live action Muppets Babies, But i don't think that it would transfer as well the Cartoon is cute cause they small and funny and get a way with alot anamated

Beth C

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
Here a picture,

Hey! I just picked that up at my local Walgreens for $1.99. They had two different CD's and I got them both for my daughter for Xmas. Now I just gotta remember to share the computer with her. :big_grin:

~Beth C

pennyring

Reaction score
Baby Rowlf said:
I never liked the Muppet Kids. As for the babies, I never accepted them as history. They were just....there. And I was happy with that.:smile:
My issue with Muppet Babies is that all the teenagers I'm in constant contact with, ONLY know the Muppet Babies. They refer to the Muppets in general as "The Muppet Babies".

(Pointing to a new Kermit shirt hanging in our store) "Oh look, its the Muppet Babies."

For the love of all that is muppety, THAT IS KERMIT!!! HE IS NOT A BABY!!! HE'S JUST KERMIT!!!!

But then they never get my Breakfast Club references either. Sigh... what are today's children coming to...

Vic Romano

Reaction score
These Muppet history/fact/canon threads are the toughest. I can't say for sure I ever really knew what was Muppet "canon" (apparently the flavor word for this particular thread), but since all these threads, I can now officially say, I have NO clue whatsoever. There are a lot of really good arguments for these situations, so my conclusion? This is too deep for me, I'm in over my head. :confused:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I used to watch The Muppet Babies and still would if they still showed it, but there's no way I would accept this as part of the Muppet canon after seeing The Muppets Take Manhattan. I like to think of this as the adult Miss Piggy's fantasy. You see, the story told in The Muppet Movie was so good that I like to accept that.